Foodliner, Inc. - Dubuque, Ia.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by lmccracken, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Truck-N-Tech

Truck-N-Tech Medium Load Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Hey, Straight talk, forget about the fact that you, or for that matter...I, a single driver with the company for 5 years, is quitting. How many people who have been there a long time are looking elsewhere?

I already got fired for what I wrote on the internet, so I will not name any folks, but almost every driver I knew at Food-Lie-Ner, with over 4 or 5 years with the company, was looking for a way out. Every driver, with the exception of 1 or 2, hated being there.

They are screwing their mechanics too, telling them to do stuff, then throwing the blame back to them if something bad happens. They told one mechanic to put a PM sticker on a tractor that had bad brakes. He did it, because he has a job to hold onto. A week later, they come back at him blaming him for an accident I was in while driving that truck. Then he pulls out all his notes on the inspection he did, which had the lead mechanic's signiture on it, stating very clearly the brakes were not functioning properly.

Well, after trying to screw the mechanic, but failing, they came back to me and blamed me for what happened. When that happened, I knew it was time to leave.

Even after I was gone, they put the screws to me. I had a job offer, and the company was thrilled with my driving and safety record. The only problem was that Food-Lie-Ner put down "OTHER" for the answer to my work history. This is an old tactic, which forces the employer to call and clarify what "Other" means. The next day, after they called FoodLieNer, suddenly the job offer was taken away. Wow!

I turned my truck back in to them cleaner than the day I got into it, and never stole a nickle from the company, yet this was the thanks I get? What a cheap shot! That's OK though. I found a better job, and they really didn't care what Fool-Liner had to say about me. Now I am making better money, and am a lot happier. It's just a shame they had to slap me one last time, after I was out of their hair.

MoneyCat and driverjoe Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1laidbacktrucker

1laidbacktrucker Medium Load Member

May 3, 2009
    CHATTANOOGA TN
    Foodliner sound like such a lovely place to work.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  4. Truck-N-Tech

Truck-N-Tech Medium Load Member

Sep 13, 2010
    If you ask me 2 questions, I will hate to admit it, but I will answer honestly.

#1- What is the best company I have ever worked for in my long career driving trucks?

Answer- Foodliner. Back in 2005 and 2006, I was treated well, and made good money. I was driving a brand-spanking new truck. Working hard, but making good money for doing it.

#2-What is the highest yearly income I have ever made, driving a truck?

Answer- In 2007, I made $71,000. It was while I was with Foodliner.

I cannot put into words the emotion I feel, knowing what the company once was, and seeing the joke it is now. How stupid must a person be, to know my pay had gone from 71K a year, down to less than 56K, over a steadily declining 3 year period, to then act surprised that I am writing bad things on the website I was on?

The drivers at Foodliner are a pretty good bunch, but the company itself has gone morally bankrupt!

5. gummy bear

gummy bear Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2008
    kentucky
    That's exactly what I was thinking :biggrin_2559:

I talk to two Foodliner drivers, semi-regularly, and they seem happy with the place, though. There was another one, or two, that weren't in the same boat, however.

6. im6under

im6under Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    foodliner got a raise.... now they're all happy... but the questliner guys are grumbling.

hey boss where's our raise???? :biggrin_25525:

I'm told, something is in the works...

which is slightly better than, the check is in the mail, though my wallet seems strangly of the same thickness as usual...

and from further up in the postings...

yep, if your wife is eligible elsewhere then she won't be covered...

and we had to fill out a form a few weeks ago about eligible dependents...

I'm not happy about that at all... at all... at alll...........

but not so unhappy as to drop my coverage or my job or not be happy that our insurance costs stayed the same. well my insurance stayed the same. the company says theirs went up and they covered it out of pocket...

I still want a raise, dagnabit !!! lol

7. midnitedrvr

midnitedrvr Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2011
    caro,mi
    does any body hav any new news or to say about food liner? just askin cuz just got hired and lookin to start there in about 2 weeks.....is it worth the move.

8. hogboy1996

hogboy1996 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2010
    I think it's a good company but i work for them. what were you promised for coming aboard. i can try to de-BS it for you.

9. driverjoe

driverjoe Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2010
    :biggrin_2551:
    STAY AWAY FROM FOODLINER..YOU WILL REGRET IT.

10. driverjoe

driverjoe Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2010
    I CANT BELIEVE YOU STILL WORK THERE. THERE ARE SO MANY BETTER COMPANIES TO WORK FOR. HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY THERE HOGBOY, I REALLY FEEL FOR YOU BUDDY PUTTING UP WITH THAT FOODLINER BS.
    JOE:biggrin_2551:

11. hogboy1996

hogboy1996 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Hey driverjoe, yep i'm still here. Don't feel bad for me as i'm doing OK. Unfortunately you still sound like you can't shed your distaste for Foodliner. That's too bad. Foodliner is still here, and we offer a $1500 bonus to our drivers that refer in new drivers. Anyone else that reads these posts will see that there are happy and unhappy drivers at Foodliner. It's no different than any other company out there.

Anyway, have a Merry Christmas driverjoe, and everyone else out there!

Hogboy

PS. i'm still here to answer any questions about Foodliner. Just ask!:biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.