For Real???

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by fredh, Jan 31, 2023.

1. EvertonP

EvertonP Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2022
    I don’t do heresy. I’ve been around long enough to know that “ good money” is subjective. BUT. There’s another company that wanted brokers to buy trucks and put it on the dedicated. I physically sat down with 2 drivers that left the URS dedicated and went to company B doing the dedicated. The upside was about $75 an hour. So to me the difference between $300 an hour to the truck vs $375 to the truck and being guaranteed 50 billable hours a week is a giant difference.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kawinige01

Kawinige01 Heavy Load Member

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    So company B is getting $18,750 billable a week? And your telling me URS underbid company B by $3,750 a week. Well I’d love to see proof of that

4. EvertonP

EvertonP Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2022
    I don’t have their paperwork with me in the truck , but I can prove that their company drivers are doing almost $14,000 gross a month if you want me to PM a paystub. Once again this isn’t about bragging about money , I just thought it was strange that 2 companies doing very similar things have such a large discrepancy.

Kawinige01 Thanks this.
  5. Kawinige01

Kawinige01 Heavy Load Member

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    If i was that manufacturer id go with the cheaper and larger company but hey
    Sure id love to see that. Block out all
    Of the important stuff i just want to see #s

Banker Thanks this.
  6. FallenStar

FallenStar Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2017
    Charlotte, NC
    My understanding is GM already owns the wedge trucks at Proficient and will be owning some of the tractor-trailers too, I'm guessing on the ProFleet side of things. That's really all I know, though. I don't know if we will be converted into GM employees or if we will stay under the Proficient name but GM has the power and management here collects middleman money.

Kawinige01 and EvertonP Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.