force you to run illegal

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by davidjeffrey, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Maybe it is and maybe it is not. I had dealing with the FBI and wearing a wire was not something they allowed without their instruction.

You can think whatever you want.

I posted the laws. I do not give advice that will or could get a driver in trouble.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    some places you have to inform the person they are being recorded---other places require a beep every so many seconds

4. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Apparently some do not think it includes them. Kind of the 4 wheeler mentality when construction signs say the lane is closed.

5. 1laidbacktrucker

1laidbacktrucker Medium Load Member

May 3, 2009
    CHATTANOOGA TN
  6. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    canuck in da truck and JimDriv3r Thank this.
  7. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    That #######.......Can I say that??:biggrin_25512: 1 MADE IT..

8. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    Figure it like this sceaniro:

Dispatcher: Hey Roy... Got a hot 3 picker here, going to St. Louis.

Driver: Cool..

Dispatcher: Yeah, get on the 3 picks, and be sitting in St. Louis day after tomorrow.

Driver: But it's already 1700 here in Fresno, it cant be done.

Dp: Well i already told the buyer you would be their, NO MATTER WHAT.

Dr: It wont happen, when do i sleep? When do i eat, and most of all what if i'm in an accident??

Dp: We will have your back, trust us here Roy.

Roy does this, and runs over a family in Stroud, Ok. He calls his dispatcher...

Dr: Mark, i just ran over a mini-van and killed a family.. What do i do now? (Roy is in tears)

Dp: Well all i can say is good luck to you.

Is their a point to all of this? Yes. It is that NO DISPATCHER/fleet manager/owner of company can FORCE you to run illegal. I get tired of hearing that on here.. My boss said this, my fm said that.

If YOU as a driver (captain of your ship) aren't comfortable doing it, DON'T.

This was a true story (names changed and location changed) A man i used to work for, forced this driver to do this. He held his job over him, and a tragedy happend. He is sitting in jail right now, 15 to 25 for vehicular manslaughter.

Don't let your boss force you to run illegal.

9. eddennis1

eddennis1 Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2010
    quanah, tx
    i did 954 in a daycab, but that was many many years ago

10. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    I've done it also. It used to be done with no problem untill receipts started having time stamps put on them and then Qualcomm and Comdata time stamps and now that cell phone and even phone records and now thinking you'll be doing 1000 miles non stop and not getting caught if not now then down the road from some kind of audit not of the companies records but the fuel system you use and something turns up or just a small miss drawn line on a log book or as hotrod's story went you screw the pooch, then where is your proof that you were told to do it or else? WHEW! That was a long un!

SCREW the "wire tap or recording laws!"

If it's any proof then I'll get at least some company while serving time as there WILL be a moron DM or company owner serving with me!
    You can throw out any "law" about recording a conservation you want, but in the long run if it even brings a reasonable doubt as to who said what I'll do it, and have done it and if I ever get my life back and get back on the road I'll keep on doing it! It's MY cell and I'll record anything I want, especially if some idiot thinks I'll run like a madman for next to nothing! Besides I've heard the "we'll cover you" with the "run the heavy load, we'll pay the fine" and then paid for the over weight ticket out of MY pocket! I'll believe a dispatcher about as far as I can throw their arse!
    Not to mention all the "favors" that are owed to me! If they were worth money I could freakin retire!

I'm not telling anyone to "break the law" but CYA is always a good thing!
    As for this 1000 mile crapola.
    As I ranted about above, those days are gone!
    Not just gone, but LONG GONE!
    Just having a cell phone in the truck is as good as a Qualcomm or trailer GPS tracker! A Laptop connected to the internet and even that GPS you have hanging on the windshield or the EZ Pass or Pre Pass. Everything on line or sending out a signal will either back you up or sink your arse!

And lets NOT forget the one thing that operates on a clock/calendar and records everything that the engine, transmission and driver does called the CPU or ECM mounted on the side of the engine!

No, that thing doesn't tell WHERE the truck is (unless they've added a few upgrades since 9/2009) but it tells exactly what a LEO needs! How long that truck was out of park and running at what speed! The biggest tattletale in the world is what controls your engine!

Not to mention that if you kill someone and they start an investigation and they go to the shipper to get some "facts," their computer is going to tell on you! YEP, as I pointed out about a year ago, if it has a computer connected to it, it has the time down to the second! From the time you signed in and they printed out your pick sheet to the time they printed up the BOL and even copied it on a printer!

It's ONLY a math problem away as to how long it took you to get to where you killed someone or wound up in a ditch! Then the cops and lawyers get to have their fun!

Keep arguing the finer points of the law. In the real world it's what happens that matters. Me, I'll settle for what I have and not what could happen. Whats going on now in the real world where they can use your text messages against you to your call records, then a voice recording isn't anything! Besides that voice recording will have a time stamp on it in the providers server so all it's going to do is say he had a conservation with this phone number and the records show that a call went to this cell phone from that dispatchers desk and we have a set delivery time of such and such and this driver says he was coerced and a jury along with good lawyers will be the final outcome! But why go through this bull crapola?

Just say no and go find a better job! The recording will prove to DAC and your new hopeful job that someone is a liar!

If that company broker or LC then dispatcher are so stupid as to take a load and sign the agreement to an "impossible mission" then those are the idiots that need to be removed from trucking! Not some rookie scared that his "lifelong dream" could be ended from a bad DAC report and fell for that BS HOT LOAD crapola!

11. geargrinder

geargrinder Medium Load Member

Nov 23, 2006
    More than likely waiting.
    Reading these forums it seems like a lot of drivers wish they could run a consistent 1000 miles a day.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.