force you to run illegal

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by davidjeffrey, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Trckdrvr

Trckdrvr Heavy Load Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Georgia
    agreed..i would rather get .50 a mile and drive 2,000miles.Than drive 4000 miles at .25cents.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Sunline Logistics DOT number 1561478 or MC number 579149.

4. deathrider

deathrider Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Virginia
    no he got mixed up with wrong people, & wasnt a church goer, but was a street racer. we grew up together, but he didnt mess with drugs until into his driving career. I got him into street racing, & building racing engines as a teenager, but that was in the early 1980's when street racing was more acceptable. I stopped street racing 8 years ago myself.

Randy

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2011
  5. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Them long days are over with. That's the whole purpose of CSA2010. An OoS wasn't that big of a deal before. Now it's major. I've only had one in my career anyways. That's because I had pnuemonia and dropped the ball and the dispatcher wouldn't get me home.

A couple pages back a driver had choices. A big difference there. My choices were, I have this load.... I can't do that legal.... CALL ME!....Well I can look for another load tomorrow or you can take this one. Can you do it?.... I can but this ain't right. You start hearing disgust in the dispatchers voice....(thinking about sitting and no paycheck)...Okay, send it to me, but you owe me, lol.

That's usually how it plays out. It's not an everyday thing. Maybe happens twice a month. That's one reason HML has a high CSA scores. Now it's either comply or get shut down.

I see alot more relays and team driving in the meat industry starting now or soon. trkdrvr, I make .38 not .25, but the .50 short miles is a good thing and you'll see more of that. I always liked long haul because you ain't bumping docks everyday. Long haul is history for the single driver.

6. thedrifter

thedrifter Medium Load Member

May 23, 2010
    portland or.
    I have run alot of 1000 mile days. Back in the day I slept 4hrs a day. the rest was driving or unloading. or loading depending on what I was hualing. I was never threatened but it WAS expected to get there on time. for 2yrs I ran from Cal. to hunts point NY by myself for a 5th morning delivery. did 22hrs to okie city from Cal. more times than I want to admit to also.

Back in the day you tell your dispatcher you were out of hrs. The first thing he would ask is "do you have a dollar" you say yea his reply would be "then you are not out of hrs.

7. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    ummmm, Ever wonder why the regulators are all over our ### today? The good old days are cool but really screwed it up for us today. This isn't personal against you drifter, its just we made our own bed and now we must sleep in it.

Brandson Thanks this.
  8. Trckdrvr

Trckdrvr Heavy Load Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Georgia
    yep.......

9. chopper103in

chopper103in Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn

RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!

10. suzywoosie

suzywoosie Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2011
    usa
    I don't care if your statement is true or not, but this post is lacking information. Where did you have to run on such short notice? Was the load a hot load? What type of company is Caribbean Logistics (TL, LTL, etc.)? Why was the company allegedly refusing to pay you to get the load delivered? Why were you out of the truck with no way home? Were you fired? Did you quit the company under distress?

Those are just a small example of the questions that I have. I'm not against any info as I like to read everything, but it would be nice to have more than one statement describing your experiences if you choose not to log onto this site in the future.

What not to post: Company XYZ are complete idiots. They do not care about their drivers and will not pay.

What to post: I am a 3 year driver at Company XYZ. After being employed by this company for some time, I'm going to throw in the towel and look for another outfit to work for. I haven't received decent miles in the past 23 weeks. I've only averaged about 340 miles per week and at .23 cents per mile that income is very insufficient as far as getting the bills paid. My dispatcher has never had me home on time, even with repeated reminders. The company is very disorganized as most of the drivers had their paychecks bounce on them when they attempted to cash them. Etcetera.

My point that I'm going to reiterate: if you have issues with your company, then please leave more than a single statement in your post.

11. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc

Here's the link for Sunline Logistics CSA Profile :biggrin_2559:

nevermind it wont pull up their profile like that so go here and put in mc# http://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/sms/

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.