Former May Drivers Lounge...

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Scooter Jones, Feb 5, 2013.

1. CallmeKC

CallmeKC Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Denver, CO
    So how's the weather in Brooks, Roger?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rogerthat

Rogerthat Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Sac, CA
    Oh, it's gorgeous. Beautiful weather to be trapped in a dusty yard ....

Actually the first time I've seen the sun on consecutive days. Shall we shoot for three?

Joker85 Thanks this.
  4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Well, I saw May's Facebook posting today. It reads "Be safe and have fun this Easter weekend!"

Are you having fun, Roger?

5. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Was talking to a coffee server at my local Starbucks a couple mos. ago. She told me he son recently completed truck driving school down in SoCal and went to work for May.

I talked to her again today and asked her how he was doing. She responded, "not too good, he hurt his back getting out of the truck (slipped on ice), his wife is divorcing him and he decided he didn't want to be a truck driver after all! He likes being home with his little kids."

Wow!

6. CallmeKC

CallmeKC Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Happy Easter to those that celebrate, sure hope it's a good day for ya'll.

Scooter, that's absolutely horrible! Feel so bad for that guy. Just start out, trying something new and have all of this backfire on him. Hopefully things steer right for him.

7. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    eesh that sucks. sittin in denver right now, saw a may truck stranded on the side of the road bout 60 miles east on 70. Hope you guys are all having a good day/happy easter/whatever floats your boat day lol

8. CallmeKC

CallmeKC Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Sitting here in Denver as well.. mostly because I live here and all. Hope you enjoyed the awesome weather. Also, if May still lets you bobtail, just down the road a bit there is a joint called McCoy's that you can park bobtail at, pretty decent food. Also, I would highly, highly recommend that butcher block restaurant right across the street from that tire place on Washington. 52nd/53rd ish.. the north side of the yard, the street that runs parallel to, where the office and 4 wheelers are parked. Guy and his wife own that place and are very nice. Great food, good prices.

9. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    yeah been to the butcher block for breakfast, pretty good there. its on 50th and washington, but Im sure most are familiar with the place since thats where we turn off to get into the yard. Making an early morning walmart run for food then heading up to cheyenne

10. Rogerthat

Rogerthat Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Sac, CA
    Well, Scooter, at least I ran into a couple of buddies and we swapped stories...yakked on the phone with a couple more...good thing I have unlimited plan now- I never used to talk on the phone...

11. Efon

Efon Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Fort Collins, CO
    I was just offered a $5000 sign on bonus and a brand new Cascadia Evolution to come back and train at May. Perhaps if it came with an APU and $.40/mile, I might have considered it :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.