Former May Drivers Lounge...

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Scooter Jones, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    It always get slower like that on the I-5. The guys hauling produce into the NW will take anything they can get (revenue wise) going back down south to get more higher paying loads going north again.

The brokers and shippers are more than happy to pay $1,100 for a load of lumber hauled in a dry box from WA to L.A. during that time frame. The megas don't care because it at least covers the truck cost going back down.

Come labor day southbound rates go up and it clears out a bit as they start running east and southeast again. You'll be busy running through the end of the year now. Holidays are coming...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Have you guys heard of Haney Truck Lines? any reviews? Since we all are up in the NW.

4. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    They're in and out of the paper mills a lot,driving chip truck I see lots of them at Georgia Pacific mills but that's about all I know.Best bet is see if you can catch a driver at a stop somewhere and talk with him/her to get the skinny on things. Seems to be plenty of work from what I can see,lots of them out there on the 5.

Lightside Thanks this.
  5. torotat66

torotat66 Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Been reading the forums on May, might have missed this; Does anybody have experience with May as a 48 reefer driver. I am speaking with Elaina(I think) on Monday. Have eight months with KoolTrans and Swift/Central. Pay, miles per week, equipment would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

6. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Probably not much different than KoolTrans or Swift/Central.

What are you expecting?

7. torotat66

torotat66 Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2011
    KoolTrans was .38/mile, plus quarterly bonus, would be happy with something close. More concerned about consistent miles and if the tractors are governed at 61? Also, any lease program.?

8. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Trucks are governed 61, maybe 60. I think starting pay with your level of experience is similar. Miles fluctuate like any company does. I would think that 2,000 to 2,400 would be expected.

9. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Also, I think they have pretty much done away with their lease program as far as leasing one of their trucks, you wouldn't want to do that there anyways.

10. torotat66

torotat66 Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2011
    I'm not down with 61 mph cross country, might be a deal breaker. Thanks for the info.

Scooter Jones Thanks this.
  11. seamallowance

seamallowance Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Have you looked at Interstate Refrigerated?

They might pay .40....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.