Former May Drivers Lounge...

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Scooter Jones, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Joker85

Joker85 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    Where did he go to be o/o

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Joker, it was a good smaller company. It wasn't the company, he just couldn't handle being away from his wife and kids anymore.

4. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    Can't blame him .. Kids grow up so fast ...

5. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Yes, they do. Too be honest with you I wouldn't of lasted this long if my kids weren't all grown up.

6. Paloma

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    Same here.

7. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    I can't tell you how many football, basketball & baseball tournaments and games I drove my boys to when they were young. All the way from tee-ball through high-school.

I really like truck driving, however, it is not a trade for those with kids at home. I mean, just look at all the drivers out there with broken marriages and families and kids who hardly ever see their fathers. Not healthy any way you slice it. That's why I'm passionate about and write often about the importance of regional routing for drivers. When you look at all the exit interviews of this industry, the number reason why drivers leave isn't money, crappy equipment, bonehead dm's. It's lack of home time!

I've become good friends with a 28 year veteran in the industry. He was telling me back in the day CR England would keep him out 6 mos at a time. One time he asked his dm to get him home and the dm replied, why, what's wrong? To which my friend replied he just wanted to get home so he could hear someone he knew call him by his first name. My heart sank when he told me that.

8. Paloma

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
  9. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    All this sure makes be glad I got hooked up with a decent paying daycab gig,I get to go home every night and eat a good home cooked meal then sleep in my own bed,got two days a week off too!

10. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Oh man, is it ever.

The irony is that his dm got to go home every night and be with his family. Yet, he asked my friend what's wrong? after 6 mos on the road? WTF?

11. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    I'm happy for you Y2K. I looked into your company, seems like a good gig. Just not quite the right fit for me at this time. I'm in the sweet spot right now where I'm at. Never know though, all that could change.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.