Former TQL employee: ask away

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by JosiahS, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    It's deff a smaller market in the Binghamton area. If your not from the area and don't know people it's pretty hard to find something worth while

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SuperTruckerinaVolvo

SuperTruckerinaVolvo Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    I prefer Coyote and Convoy out of the larger brokers, but there are far worst actors out there than TQL. They tend to be competitive albeit on the low side in my lanes and use them when I have to.

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  4. mi38

mi38 Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Is there any way to contact management at TQL regarding these dishonest brokers?

5. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Good-Fellas-Hilarious.jpg

6. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Ummmm....the management IS the dishonest brokers.

alds, SL3406, BennysPennys and 7 others Thank this.
  7. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Funny.
    Here is a more intelligent idea for you. Learn how to operate your brokers to work in your favor.

8. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    This was on DAT under their review. My question is how can they make a claim against someone if in a case like this the driver ran out of his meds and was stuck at the location. I'm sure the driver could of Uber'd or taxi'd over to the pharmacy but who knows.

"· a month ago
    DO NOT RECOMMEND
    WORST BROKERS. My drivers have been waiting to get unloaded for the past 3 days. We gave the option of cross dock, but they are not willing to work with us. We feel like we are being detained as they are not willing to work with us. My driver ran out of medication and they are aware of that and they do not care. When I told Heather (Ext. 51108) that my driver ran out of his medication, all she said was ok and later hung up the phone on me. We are being detained and pressured to stay there or she threatened us that she will mark the load as a claim. When I told her that she would be responsible for my driver's health, all she said was ok. We are stuck with and them and we will never work with them again."

9. MyTireHurt

MyTireHurt Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2018
    I have a question, and I apologize before hand if it has already been answered.

Do TQL brokers pay dispatchers under the table to get their drivers to haul cheap freight? Today I had some noticeable errors that seem to just be odd not only on my dispatchers part but also TQL. My dispatcher service agreed to a rate without discussing it with me first and also lied about the miles in a text before I had a chance to research it. And of course kept saying "rates are sooooo low right now" He basically booked a load that paid $1.36 a mile with 2 stops...which was absolutely absurd. Immediately told him to cancel that TQL load after I computed the numbers. 2 hours later my dispatcher called with another TQL rep on 3way, again STRANGE, he discussed a load and then once the TQL rep finished speaking my dispatcher was like "I really think you should take this, this is a really good deal". And ended the called telling the TQL rep, "We will finish our discussion once you send over the rate con". This is the first time I have experienced this in the 3 years I have been driving.

10. gekko1323

gekko1323 Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    I strongly advise not taking that load at that rate. And if you DO, I strongly advise you not to tell us about it on this board.

11. MyTireHurt

MyTireHurt Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Dude obviously I wouldn't take a trash rate. My question was specifically towards under the table practices of TQL.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.