Forward Air

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by TracyN, May 2, 2015.

1. ThaGhost77

ThaGhost77 Bobtail Member

May 12, 2015
    Premier 1457 would u care to share who u were successful with doing lease purchase?? Ive looked at countless different companies for l/p and read bad reviews on all of them! Ive been n the game for 10 years now and tired of being a company driver. I know I cant start at the top of the O/O chain but need a good company to at least get my foot n the door. I cant afford to go conventional route and get financing right now so any help is appreciated!!!

Road Killer Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. premier1457

premier1457 Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2009
    ocala,fl
    It was at a company that I'm no longer at... Premier Transportation was leasing in house on their own trucks...as of last month they are so short on trucks that they are not leasing any...at least that was what I was told.

Road Killer Thanks this.
  4. JMichael

JMichael Light Load Member

May 16, 2015
    Of course there are good deals to be had , just not with the Mega's

Road Killer Thanks this.
  5. JMichael

May 16, 2015
    And anyone that just says - "sucks" as a blanket statement , ignore that person on everything

BuckeyeKev and Road Killer Thank this.
  6. disoba

disoba Light Load Member

May 7, 2013
    FAF is a good company, great people to work for, I did very well with them. I think that if they have a lease purchase program it sure is tailored for the driver to make it, especially if is a team

Road Killer and JMichael Thank this.
  7. JMichael

May 16, 2015
    I drove for an owner operator leased onto land air express for two years, he did well . Work ethic , luck , timing , expectations not same for everyone

Road Killer and disoba Thank this.
  8. ThaGhost77

ThaGhost77 Bobtail Member

May 12, 2015
    Thanks alot for the input everyone! Im still thinking of trying to find a company to go with and try and save for down payment tags insurance etc. But Uggggh having to make someone else all the $ is for the birds especially if it means another 2/3 years as a company driver when I could be making the same $ doing a lease purchase and own the truck in maybe the same amount of time u know??

Road Killer Thanks this.
  9. truckerty

truckerty Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2015
    I am currently leased on with forward air thru quality leasing and my advice is find another company. I am solo and i am not getting any miles and this 2012 international prostar is always breaking down. They are only hiring teams but teams are also struggling for miles so i am in the process looking for another job.

ecurb and Road Killer Thank this.
  10. truckerty

truckerty Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2015
    who did u lease from?

11. insertnamehere

insertnamehere Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Not all leases are bad, but most are and you know it.

ecurb and noluck Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.