1. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    If you ever work at road runner, you will wait a lot for loads, and there is two different unit one pay a little more than the other, I look into them and went to dart instead, because the pay was almost the same, an just like road runner the guys them that have been there get the good loads,

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    hey so im looking at the south. whats up with that miami terminal??? how do you get a truck there. my dad never been there. and im trying to see if moving out there and dealing with that crappy tiny terminal is even worth it

4. Anthony Ruther

Anthony Ruther Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2015
    If your running in LTL like I think your dad said then the terminal doesn't really matter, other than being the place where you park your truck. Dispatch will be in Columbus.

Being in Miami might just require you be on the road for awhile, but I know they have atlease some dedicated CMH and LAX lanes, but usually you have to run the open board for some time until you get offered a dedicated.

Our main hubs (atl, cmh, KC, Chicago, DFW, LAX) all have really nice accommodations, the rest are mediocre. The best part is, you never have to deal with ANY customers. I dont miss that

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2018
    Reason for edit: skirting the profanity filter
    4noReason Thanks this.
  5. 4noReason

Nov 29, 2012
    ya im thinking of just staying here in chicago too. but cant you run the south if you want . bcz my dad runs midwest and they always run him back to ohare. are you straight otr? and by miami i mean the terminal docks. it looks so tight a trailer wont get in

6. Anthony Ruther

Nov 4, 2015
    Yeah Miami is tight, but I don't get there often. Im home every weekend but my team stays out as much as they want. You can run mostly southeast, ATL to CMH is a big lane. They wont say your dedicated but they'll keep you on it.

I've been to Northeast twice in last three months, but they pay bridges so it wasnt terrible.

4noReason Thanks this.
  7. 4noReason

Nov 29, 2012
    right. but my dad still gets home. so im not sure if south would be any different. maybe ill just focus on chicago. bcz he usually home daily or every other day.

8. 4noReason

Nov 29, 2012
    but your in columbus. so not many things to get you home daily right? faf wise.

9. Anthony Ruther

Nov 4, 2015
    Nah, Columbus is our national hub. I can usually get home within a day of me asking from anywhere.

4noReason Thanks this.
  10. 4noReason

Nov 29, 2012
    right but u gotta ask right? cuz my dad they know he always wants to head back to ord. so is it same process for u. or is it more maybe my dad tells them hey send me home. im just sick of containers tbh

11. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    How can you afford to pay a team and be profitable on $1.35? After fuel and expenses can't be much left. Not trying to be argumentative with you just curious?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.