Found a Potential Driving Opportunity

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by RickS331, Jan 22, 2020.

1. RickS331

RickS331 Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2020
    I had a brief run on Werner's Dollar General account for about 4 months. In that time I had three "incidents", a torn down cable (that I couldn't see, was illegally under 14 feet, and had no signage to indicate its presence), a torn off ferring (due to a bad repair job), and the trailer rubbed a sign on one run. I own last one as that was due to poor judgement but the other two are currently under dispute.

Unfortunately for me, even though two are under dispute, they aren't taken off a DAC report or a DriverIQ Report while the dispute is ongoing. Finding work is difficult because insurers see my MVR (which has two accidents, one I actually was involved with, and a second I was never involved with but still ended up on my MVR due to local PD ####ery, both prior to my holding a Class A CDL, over 1 year prior actually, and who's never had an accident in their personal vehicle in their life?).

So as far as insurers see, they see a guy with 2 accidents and 3 non-DOT reportable "preventable" "accidents/incidents". Most won't hire or pass me up because insurance costs are too high.

I had some bad luck running with Werner, and while I own my mistakes, I also see Werner is essentially trying to run me out of the industry and I'm just trying to do so legally and safely.

rachi Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickS331

Jan 14, 2020
    Yeah, the guy I spoke to did say that he had a truck in the shop and that they were a small outfit.

4. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Ahhhhh. Its the mvr then thats holding you up. That dac is bull. These companies can stick it where the sun dont shine. Imagine if workers made their own dac that dictated if we could take their jobs or not depending on how they treated employees? Dont think theyd like that very much. Yeah, I'd say go for what you can while those accidents drop off of your mvr.

JUST BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR CDL. These guys might run you illegal which can jack you up even more. Then you'd REALLY be sol.

5. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    none of the drivers are put out of service so it looks like they are running legal logs and if he's going to fix the trucks it doesn't seem like the worst 1099

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  6. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Welcome to trucking in the 21st century. If they are willing to give you a shot, I'd go for it.

7. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    My friend Johnny Tran drove for Izzy Trucking back in 2012/2013. (If this is the same Izzy Trucking based out of Chicago) He said they had brand new Volvo’s, white, if I remember correctly. I say go for it.

RickS331 Thanks this.
  8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Be ready to get pulled into the scale and get inspected. 33% OOS rate is crazy.

IZZY TRUCKING INC
    U.S. DOT#: 3152104
    Type OOS % National Avg %
    Vehicle 33.3 20.7

RickS331 and rachi Thank this.
  9. RickS331

Jan 14, 2020
    Well so long as I do my job the right way, then I probably won't have to worry about getting pulled into the scales, right?

10. RickS331

Jan 14, 2020
    Are you still in touch with Mr. Tran? If so would you be willing to ask him for some more details about his experience with this company on my behalf? I'd appreciate as much information as I can get, because I'm stuck between waiting on a local smaller time gigs to get back to me on whether or not they'll hire me, or let these guys take me on.

11. RickS331

Jan 14, 2020
    Weren't they trying to shutdown Glass Door for a little bit for being exactly a platform that allowed workers to do that?

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.