Found my dream truck but have a few questions

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by BulletProof, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    I would think $47,500 is top dollar for it. But it is your call. Don't walk away from your dream because of price.

Which reminds me.......anyone ever been to the Mustang Ranch?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BulletProof

BulletProof Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. And like I said I'm not trying to justify the price of it. I just haven't found any other trucks like it for ANY price cheaper or higher. If anyone knew of one or happened to see one recently then I would be more than happy to look at it. If not, then this is all I have at the moment because of the setup I want. I'm going to keep looking around this week and see if i can find anything else in my budget with fewer miles or cheaper and setup like I want it. If I can't then I'll have to go look at this truck again and see if I can get them to come off the price.

4. tumblin dice

tumblin dice Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    Nobody can tell when Wooly Rhino is being sarcastic!

BulletProof Thanks this.
  5. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    I usually enjoy reading his posts on other threads but once they're directed at me I can't tell if he's being sarcastic. I do enjoy sarcasm.

6. sxdime

sxdime Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Elkton MD
    Well a plus is that it has the Flex Air rather than the Low Air leaf. One thing for sure is that those C-15's REALLY do not like to be ran hot. I would get someone to pull files from the ecm and make sure that the temp light has not been on etc. They are really notorious for cracking heads. Great running engines but temp sensitive. The rears wouldn't cost you that much to replace if you in fact had to replace them. Don't let that be a deal breaker. I would suggest pulling the fuse door off (lower left right beside the clutch pedal) and take a relay or two out and see if there is any green on the connections. When windshields are put in Petes and aren't sealed correctly it lets water in and it heads right to the fuse box. Price wise I personally don't think they are way off base. The 6nz's used without any real paperwork sell for 16k so that gives you some idea.

BulletProof Thanks this.
  7. diesel dawg

diesel dawg Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2009
    WALNUT RIDGE, AR
    sounds like u have made up u'er mind, good luck.

BulletProof Thanks this.
  8. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    Thanks for the insight. If it is not sold by this coming weekend I will have to ride back over there and pull the fuse panel. Didn't even think to check that. I didn't think they were too far off on price but still a little high. I just don't want to buy a $40K truck and spend $20k on an in frame when I can get one that's had an in frame and rebuilt trans and still has life left for the same price.

9. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    We've had a 2001 6NZ since 2002 and FWIW, I agree with you that they are possibly the most reliable engine out there.

As for the price....that's a tough call. I just paid $30,000 for a 1986 359 and I thought I paid way too much. But I have been looking for a nice one for 3-4 years and it finally showed itself. Now I see comparable 359's in the Truck Paper are being offered at $45,000 - $50,000 so I don't feel so bad LOL.

One thing is for sure $62,000 is not over priced when you compare it to a new one at $150,000+. And the one you are looking at is more reliable. The people that say it's too much are looking at the truck as a tool and I think you are assigning value to some other features. Nothing wring with that as long as the cash flow works.

BulletProof Thanks this.
  10. kachup

kachup Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2013
    That's too much, sold a 01 pete with the table that became a bed 800k with inframe done at 600k with 625 c16 and 3.55 and 18 speed with a 10k stacks and many extras for $55k. It was sold to a cash buyer. Be patient. Sold it because fuel mileage never went up 5.8. I can Pm you pics.
    Be patient and you can find a deal. But dream trucks will cost a pretty penny and i just bought a t660 studio sleeper and it best for me it has looks, comfort and MPG are way up. Dont give up on what you want, Can get hired Buy a Flatbed and you can lease up with me lol. Good luck on your buy.

BulletProof Thanks this.
  11. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    That's kind of funny actually :)

BulletProof Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.