FrAcKInG dOeSn’T cAuSE EaRtHQuAkeS...

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by idriveaholden, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    The funniest part of this whole discussion? It's not the fracking that would induce the earthquakes, anyways. The fluid is pumped in to fracture the formation, and then removed. IF there is a tie between fracking and earthquakes, it would be from the disposal wells where used fracking fluid (and drilling fluids as well as produced water) is pumped down dry/depleted wells in vast quantities.

But look at me confusing the issue with facts...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    who knows perhaps someone has just tunneled across from another country and the digger is causing all the earth quakes like we saw on the Movie Oceans 13.

Crude Truckin' and BennysPennys Thank this.
  4. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    The reason I asked if OP knew what fracking was.

Crude Truckin' and Hammer166 Thank this.
  5. idriveaholden

idriveaholden Super Heavy Hauler

Mar 14, 2018
    fluid is pumped in to fracture the formation

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  6. idriveaholden

idriveaholden Super Heavy Hauler

Mar 14, 2018
    heres the first 2 min video online to show you you're half right
    How Can Fracking Cause an Earthquake? - YouTube

also 4.5 magnitude is pretty much in the top 10 biggest ever recorded for texas

7. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    And material is left in place to prevent collapse after the fracking fluid is removed.

Subsidence from oil removal and waste injection have far greater geological impact, but please do keep up the arguments from sources that don't know what they're talking about.

I've actually been to downhole school, and worked in the industry. I can walk you through the entire drilling and production process if you'd like the actual facts.

8. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Have you even worked in the oil field and seen first hand how things work? That video is so basic and looks like it was taught to school kids not knowing any better.

9. BennysPennys

BennysPennys Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2021
    @idriveaholden You are quoting sources that are anti-oil crazy environmentalist, who by the way would hate you for what you do for a living (driving a truck) and hate you for owning and driving a fast sports car too. I for one think it is great what you do for a living, and it is cool that you drive a fast car.

Now even I have concerns about wastewater injection wells near a community's lakes that is the drinking water source for a city. We had a company try to get a well permit near lake Arlington in TX for one of these wells and Even I who support urban drilling and fracking for natural gas within our city -protested and raised hell with people on our city council, the county Judge and the county commissioners, state reps, and on up to the Texas Railroad Commision (that is the regulatory body for the Oil and Gas industry in Texas) to get it shut down and we did.

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  10. MacLean

MacLean Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    23F437A4-9A01-4F1A-8F44-7417DFB7D23E.jpeg
    Might not like my Christmas sweater.

11. BennysPennys

BennysPennys Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2021
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.