FrAcKInG dOeSn’T cAuSE EaRtHQuAkeS...

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by idriveaholden, Dec 29, 2021.

1. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    That happens a lot down on the border.

JoeyJunk and Crude Truckin' Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RockinChair

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Why would you be concerned about an injection well being located near a reservoir of surface water? The fluids being injected are going thousands of feet below the surface, they're not in any danger of contaminating even groundwater much less surface water.

4. BennysPennys

BennysPennys Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2021
    Run off from holding tanks and ponds. Waste water injection well are not required to have the same concealment lining that a gas or oil well has. Plus there is a thousand other places in west Texas that have brackish water about a thousand feet down or less that is perfect for waste water disposal wells so why risk it near a water source that constantly wins best tasting water in the US year after year.

snowman1980 and RockinChair Thank this.
  5. RockinChair

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I can't tell if you're trying to suggest that the wells aren't required to have casing or that the tank farms aren't required to have secondary containments, but in either case I would be interested to see where in the regs that is permissible because I've never heard either of those claims before. Every SWD I've ever been to had containments around the tanks, and I've never heard of a WOG well that doesn't have multiple layers of casing.

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  6. BennysPennys

Sep 24, 2021
    Long story short there are far better places to put waste water wells then in Arlington Tx. and the guy who wanted to set up his operation moved on and abandoned his interest in the deal. Like I said I’m all in on on urban drilling in and around Tarrant County but there are better places to dump the waste water.
    If you are willing to drink the well water pumped from a well or in a surface lake as your family's primary source of water that’s in the shadow of a waste water well be my guest.

Looks like the government regs will have you and your family well protected. And the government never makes a mistake, so what could go wrong.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    snowman1980 Thanks this.
  7. RockinChair

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    You do understand that injection wells pump into formations located thousands of feet below the aquifer (not to mention the surface), right?

I'm still waiting on you to post a link to the regs that are more lax on SWDs than on upstream production and midstream processing facilities.

Crude Truckin', Siinman and Hammer166 Thank this.
  8. BennysPennys

Sep 24, 2021
    I’m not posting the regs for you, don’t be lazy, look it up. So, you can post it and prove me wrong that the regs for containment are different from a normal oil and gas wells than a waste water well. It is available at the Texas Railroad Commission web site. Again, don’t be a lazy poster expecting someone else to do your work for you.

If you read my previous post, I said that they are injected into formations a thousand or more feet into the ground. Previous oil wells that have been pumped out that have brackish water that pushed oil up above where it was sitting work the best.

One of my masonic brothers actually owns a company that does disposal of the well waste water and chemicals after talking with him there are much better places to dump waste water than the location of this guy wanted to do it. The only reason these guys want to dump water in that location was to save money from having to have trucks driving a few hundred miles out of town.

Therefore, people who are in the trucking business would have actually been paid less if this guy's well was approved. Now drivers get to haul the stuff further and benefit from it from it being out of town and getting more miles more pay.

Again, I am not against dumping waste well water I’m just against dumping it near lake that is the water source for 350,000 people.

My fear from having the wastewater well in that particular location was (1) the possibility of something going wrong at the surface before the stuff gets pumped back in the ground and that’s the one water source that the city of Arlington has and (2) the possibility of if something did go wrong it would mess up the property values of me and my neighbors who have houses and live by and on Lake Arlington.

This was all hashed out over 10 years ago. So, all of this is old news in this One Situation.

9. RockinChair

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I wasn't being lazy, I was asking you to substantiate a claim that you made. The onus is not on me because I'm not the claimant.

And don't you dare call me lazy - twice - when you're the one being lazy.

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  10. BennysPennys

Sep 24, 2021
    Well Rockinchair you will just have to be incorrect until you look it up your self and post your findings prove me wrong.

I bid you and this thread fair well.

Post and Ghost.

snowman1980 Thanks this.
  11. MacLean

MacLean Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.