Fracking vs Oil hauling

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by JordanS, May 27, 2013.

1. Frachand

Frachand Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    I would avoid companies like Pumpco, Fractech and some of the smaller companies. Stick with the big guys, Halliburton, Shlumberger, Sanjel, Weatherford Baker Hughs etc. When things slow down, and they will, you will have a better chance of keeping your job. They will also do a better job of keeping you safe.

JordanS Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    Sangel also works in montana and wyoming, and colorado... will even send you to the CDL school sage tech in Casper wyoming to get you CDL. See their wire line crews in Wyoming.

4. BobDog

BobDog Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2012
    All of Trican's "Equipment Operator I" positions appear to require two to four years of experience right now. Is this not normally the case?

5. Me99

Me99 Medium Load Member

Jul 7, 2011
    I don't know why they have that on their website. They hire lots of guys with no experience. They even hire guys with no cdl.

6. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    Driving is only a starter, in the gasfield at least. Get a feel for the industry, and if your hometime and family situation permit, get into something else in the industry. I'm personally looking to learn as much as I can while I'm driving (observing, asking questions, networking), and when my home situation allows, trying to get on a wireline/perforating/fishing crew as there's one local to me who hires with no experience.

7. hunnydew

hunnydew Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Anyone know if you are charged by Sanjel to stay in the camp? I've applied as a cementing operator with them, but have no idea how it works paywise. Are you on the clock the whole 15 days on whether you're out on a job or not?

8. Me99

Me99 Medium Load Member

Jul 7, 2011
    You won't pay for being in the man camp. Cement you're on call 24 hours through your hitch. I'm not sure how sanjel does it but your usually not paid unless your working.

9. nitrogen

nitrogen Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    Sanjel and most service companies, pay a monthly salary/retainer of several thousand $, and then a daily bonus everytime you go on a job. the bonus gets progressively bigger as the ticket for the job gets bigger. Working for them in 2004 in Canada my salary was 3k and bonus's ran 100-200 a day generally.some weeks you might do 10 jobs some weeks you do 3 it varies

10. Me99

Me99 Medium Load Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Sanjel pays hourly in Texas and so does everybody else except for maybe Schlumberger. A lot of companies pay bonuses but they are small and only make up a small part of your income.

11. Me99

Me99 Medium Load Member

Jul 7, 2011
    I would have to disagree to a point. The safety thing is true and I can't argue that but in most cases your safety is up to you. But when things get slow the smaller companies can frac for much less and still make a profit. The bigger companies can work for cheap but they won't do it forever. I worked at Pumpco for a year and fraced every day I was schedule to work. I'm now at a much bigger company and have fraced 2 out of 8 weeks I've been here. The bigger company is safer but they have a lot more screw ups and a harder time keeping the customer happy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.