Franz Bakery

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Apd, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Apd

Apd Haystack

Jun 22, 2009
    Might be a long shot, but are there any Franz Bakery drivers on here?

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    I think they're mainly in the North West. Union job, PLENTY of OT from what I heard. You need a doubles/triples endorsements though. Check out their website for more info.....

Franz Bakery

rabbiporkchop, Mike2633 and Apd Thank this.
  4. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I brought them up a while ago, when I was talking about Drom's @JReding . I think it is Growwheat that has the Droms and Franz has the doubles and triples.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  5. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    After doing some research on Franz Bakery, I personally would take the job if I had a chance to work for them.

Pay seems to start off around $26-27 an hour, so apparently there's no progressive payscale or waiting years to reach top rate. Teamster job with fully paid health, dental, vision and pension (and no it's not CSPF). Job seems to consist of nothing but making deliveries to depots, where you have to unload the bread racks and reload the MT racks, so nothing difficult or too physically demanding. You'll probably start off as a floater/vacation relief/on call extraboard (meaning you'll have to be available to cover any days and shift until you get a bid run). I had to do this for 2 years before I finally got a bid run at IBC. Didn't get an ounce of sleep during that time lol, but overall, they seem to run EXACTLY the way IBC did. Usually in the Bakery Industry, you have Saturday and Tuesday off, and these days are paid time and half if you do come in for OT. Lots of OT means your probably looking at a $100k + job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.