Fraud or scam!!

Discussion in 'Trucker Forum Classifieds & Trading Post' started by Onway, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Goodguy88

Goodguy88 Medium Load Member

May 8, 2017
    You still don't get it do you?

A North York man has been sentenced to 450 days in prison after being found guilty of odometer tampering.

Mehran Amini received the longest sentence ever handed out in Ontario for illegal vehicle sales, according to a statement from the Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council (OMVIC).

Advertisement

The statement said Amini was charged after OMVIC investigators discovered he'd purchased 30 vehicles from Western Canada, and shipped them to Ontario.

Amini then rolled back the odometers on the vehicles, which were mostly late-model pick-up trucks with high mileage, investigators said.

"They are vehicles that could be near end-of-life, but they were paying huge dollars -- $30 to $40,000 -- for these vehicles," OMVIC Director of Communications Terry O'Keefe told CTV Toronto's Pat Foran.

"The warranties were all cancelled."

O'Keefe said some of the odometers had been rolled back as much as 150,000 kilometres.

The vehicles were sold to residents of the Toronto area, including Sean Wedge.

"Buying this truck was a financial disaster," Wedge told CTV Toronto.

Go buy the truck and see what happens. Stop posting possibilities

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mitchtazz

mitchtazz Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    I'm going to read this one more time before I comment.

4. mitchtazz

mitchtazz Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    Just get a copy of the title from the State of Virginia, it's the State that the title is currently held in according to the vin report.

Once you get a copy of the title from Virginia it'll tell you if there's a lein against the vehicle and who holds it. Call the lein holder and ask if they have THAT asset available for repossession.

In 2010 before I separated from the Army I bought a 2001 Kenworth T2000 from a repo lot in Florence, Sc for $10k.

All they have me was a BOS and said the bank would mail the title to me. It took about 4months and a lot of calling and internet searching but it was a legit sale.

Bean Jr. and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  5. jsnell

jsnell Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2016
    I called about this truck and it has been sold. It is now for sale at a truck lot in Lexington NC for 94000. I was 2 days to late oh well.

6. egfelix

egfelix Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2017
    Upland, Ca
    You know the saying “if it’s too good be true it isn’t true”. Bunch of people working hard to get YOUR money rather then working hard at a job!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.