Freedom One Question

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by mattf53, Feb 26, 2017.

1. mattf53

mattf53 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2017
    I just bought a Ranger Freedom one radio from a friend and on Ch 19 the screen is showing 29.2367. From the research I've done this seems to be higher than the cb ranger, but Im not very knowledgable on this topic. I was wondering if the screen could just be wrong ir if the radio has been modified. Thanks for the help!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BTShepp

BTShepp Blue Demon

Oct 31, 2015
    Chicago, IL
    Have you made any contacts on CB channel 19?

Blaskowitz Thanks this.
  4. mattf53

mattf53 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2017
    I am still waiting on a mic to get here in the mail because it didn't come with one, so no I haven't made any contacts

Blaskowitz Thanks this.
  5. CW Spook

CW Spook Light Load Member

Something is seriously wrong, either with the frequency counter, or with the radio itself. CB Channel 19 is 27.185. 29.2367 is up in the FM portion of the 10-meter ham band. Best get that checked by a good technician before you start transmitting.

6. Ougigoug

Ougigoug Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Planet earth
    Any 4 pins mic work with this radio.

I highly doubt what i will tell you but it is a possibility that the clarifier might be unlock.

I personally liked my radios with clarifier unlock for TX/RX it does make SSB communications easy especially when there is more than 2 persons on the line.

7. CW Spook

8. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Sounds to me that the radio might have been set up for different freq or channels added..Either way its off..@1st i thought it might have been on a different band but the radio doesnt have a band selector..
    Ask the owner whats up with the off freq..

9. CW Spook

It's unusual these days to see a CB radio converted for 10m instead of the other way around, but that looks like what's happened there.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.