Freedom Self Dispatch!

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by jacolbyhud, Mar 5, 2016.

1. MicksRule

MicksRule Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Apple Valley, CA
    They may allow your truck here. Not 100% sure, though. I just left Landstar myself. Got tired of cancelled loads, crappy agents, etc.

I find less stress and I'm not being nickel and dimed to death here. The biggest thing I gave up were the fuel discounts. I picked up plates and permits (2290 included), help with dispatch as needed, very nice people to talk to when I have a problem. Also no nickel and dime bs.

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mxpx148

mxpx148 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    Has anyone on here come over from Schneiders Choice program? If so, can they compare the two? Does Interstate lease or help you lease a truck, or do you already need to have your own?

4. MicksRule

Dec 20, 2009
    Apple Valley, CA
    All but 2 people at Interstates Phoenix yard came from Knight. I actually did pretty well leasing a truck at Knight a couple years ago. What terminal were you out of?

5. MicksRule

Dec 20, 2009
    Apple Valley, CA
    I brought my own and my suggestion is to do the same. With that said, you can get a truck with Quality Leasing or Cure through Interstate. Can't tell you a thing about SNI.

6. mxpx148

mxpx148 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    I would love to, only problem is I don't currently have one. Looking at doing my first lease and these two programs are the ones I am interested in. Unfortunately, I would be a first time lease op/ owner op and from what I understand you need 20% down for most finance companies...30k is a lot for a new truck and I wouldn't finance any used truck with DPF/SCR systems, which would be 06-later. Idk about Interstate, but Schneider requires trucks to be 10 years or newer, so getting a pre emissions truck wouldn't work.

7. MicksRule

Dec 20, 2009
    Apple Valley, CA
    $8500 down at Lone Mountain Truck Leasing for new. A 600 or better FICO, BK at least 2 years old and 2 years experience driving. My monthly payment is less than Quality or Cure lease and I'll own mine in 5 years (a little over 4 left). I'll also pay about $90,000 less over the term. Lone Mountain is also comparable to, or better than, new truck financing at a dealer. It's also less expensive than SNI. If you still decide you can't afford this down, I would probably go SNI since they will allow you to take the truck somewhere else after a year as long as the new company will take your money to give to them.

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Actually, sfi will debit your bank account for the trk payment if you want decide to go elsewhere from Sni..

9. thaistick

thaistick Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2014
    OTR/Thailand
    Looks like they offer waivers. This is from their O/O requirements that was emailed to me:

Equipment Requirements  Must select, purchase, finance and maintain their own tractor  Must be able to pass inspection  Fifth wheel height of 48″ or less  250″ maximum wheelbase  Less than 7 years old (waiver available for Eastern states) and CARB Compliant

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  10. pete2951

pete2951 Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2012
    RIVERSIDE,CA
    How long does it take to get on the freedom board and away from the so called business partners?

11. thaistick

thaistick Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2014
    OTR/Thailand
    If you do not have self dispatch experience, then it's a minimum of 30 days. From a couple of peeps I've talked to, they said dispatchers were pretty good, ie decent rates, good runs, and easy to communicate with.

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.