Freight broker training

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Imsome, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Imsome

Imsome Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2019
    Hey I am in Georgia and I am trying to become a freight broker. Does anyone know of any good training course online or in class. I am not trying to pay 1,000 of dollars

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    What is your background in the industry ? Why do you want to become a freight broker ? What do you see as the biggest obstacles to having success as a broker ?

4. Imsome

Imsome Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2019
    I have no background in the industry. I want to become a broker to do something different in a different field. I also have a family member that has a trucking company and I want to become his broker

5. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    This comes up fairly frequently.

Don't do it. Don't attend training. Don't waste your money on classes. If you want to be a broker, go work for a broker and learn on their dime. Freight broker classes/training are a scam and a joke and only identify you as a potential mark.

Ruthless Thanks this.
  6. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    What do you think will be the biggest obstacles to becoming a successful broker ?
    It's easy to take classes in freight brokering and IT CAN be easy to become a working broker if you really want to but it has a very high wash out rate , very high.

7. Imsome

Imsome Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2019
    I think the biggest problem will be getting the loads and/or the clients since I would be new to the industry

8. Imsome

Imsome Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2019
    I understand the class maybe a waste to some but it isn’t easy just applying to be a broker for a business when you have no experience or training they will overlook me for someone else who has the experience

Thouren Thanks this.
  9. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Fun fact. I had no experience in logistics when I started this job. Most folks don't. That's why I'm suggesting you start applying for jobs. What's your background? How old are you?

Ruthless and Thouren Thank this.
  10. Thouren

Thouren Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2018
    Detroit, MI
    Brokerage I work at has very few hires with prior experience or education in logistics. They like seasoned sales guys, but will hire with none if you have the right personality.

11. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Youtube

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.