Freight division.

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by jakebrake12, Apr 11, 2010.

1. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Yep we have a heavy triples operation in ohio. just apply and let it fly

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    Hey you quit truckload right? Where are you now? Did you find a Local gig?

4. paul_4lp

paul_4lp Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Myers, FL
    No man I'm here teaming again ...just can't take the solo sittin!

5. Cody40691

Cody40691 Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Central Illinois
    So I just have to ask, does anybody's terminal have any sleeper trucks for P&D routes? We have about 20 Ryder rental twin screw daycabs(plus the normal Con-way single axles) that are being phased out where I am...but they are being replaced with Cascadia and Volvo sleeper trucks(5 at our yard so far)...70 inch condo sleepers...I dont get why they would let us use something like these for city P&D runs. I can understand linehaul but our longest linehaul run can be easily made in the 11 hour drive time.

6. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    Is your terminal big with a lot of movement? How is the flex board there?

7. CenutryClass

Feb 15, 2006
    It is pretty big. Class 1 or 2 I believe. We run triples in three directions and doubles to the west. 10 man extraboard, most dont want the run the junior guys get, but at least 5 off the extraboard run at least 4 nights a week. the rest absolutely dont want to run. Extraboard guys honestly make more money than I do. they work outbound, drive and FAC. I hook and slave at most a few hours on the FAC..dont care much about those long hours.

8. CenutryClass

Feb 15, 2006
    not on oh though

9. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    I used to run there sometimes years ago so I know a little about Toledo. They have a small night operation and a pretty heavy seniority board there. They are not a triples terminal - too far off the pike to access with triples. They are the only I80/90 terminal in Oh and In that doesn't have triples access so they run all the second day around them. Toledo was always known as a well run terminal with a good group of drivers and supervisors though.

10. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    Now that I think about it Cleveland is another 80/90 terminal that doesn't run triples. It's off 480 just east of the airport which is way to far for triples. The Ohio triples terminals are Lordstown and Milan which is the Elyria terminal. The Indiana triples terminals are Gary, South Bend, and Fremont. Sometimes we use a green stamp pad for a meet instead of Milan because for whatever reason they get flack for the day meet there every once on a while. I know getting access is expensive. We used to have a meet in Angola, In years ago but they didn't wanna pay for access so they moved it all to Fremont.

I actually got Ohio triples certified at a Pa terminal a few years ago because they were gonna try some meet combinations but I left that terminal before they started the run. They migjt try the same thing in Toledo but you have to have 5 years of doubles experience to get Ohio triples. I pulled them once with the Ohio dot officer for certification and they were long..lol..

11. kushon1212

kushon1212 Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Central Illinois
    Central Illinois=Caterpillar=Heavy Freight. Why rent Ryders when those Cascadias have Conway Freight already written on the side (we own them) and they typically dont use them on routes, more for picking up heavy pure loads to or from CAT

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.