Freight division.

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by jakebrake12, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Gunner710

Gunner710 Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Oak Park, CA
    Does anyone know anything about working out of the Los Angeles, Ventura, or Oxnard Service centers? I am trying to decide between Schneider in Fontana, and ConWay out of LA, Ventura or Oxnard. I am getting closer to pulling the trigger on CDL school and getting back in the saddle with work. I HATE being unemployed!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stormin_norman66

stormin_norman66 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Jakebrake what do you know about the Olean NY terminal

4. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Any of you freight boys not get paid by the hr for anything or is it straight up an honest?

Details details

5. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    I get paid by the hour everyday. They forgot to add my overtime pay one week but it was added to the following weeks check. Haven't had any other issues

paul_4lp and CargoWahgo Thank this.
  6. Truckermania

Truckermania Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Sturgis,SD
    Anyone know anything about the Sioux Falls, SD terminal? Thinking about moving up there and working for Con-way Freight. Just would like some info from someone who has or is working there. Are the hours good? I'd love to be able to get in at least 65 hours a week. Don't really care if it is mostly dock work. I'm in a bit of a different situation. I've had my CDL for two years but have been working in a different field. I have not driven in over 2 years. Is this necessarily a problem? Thanks for any and all help.

7. paul_4lp

paul_4lp Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Myers, FL
    Well I hit the Submit button .... On my way to CWF RSW

also interested in SEFL ...( South Eastern Freight Line) bout 25 miles from my house

double yellow Thanks this.
  8. Ryan0789M

Ryan0789M Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Its funny... Conway Freight is coming up with so many ways to fire you it's not even funny. Then I hear they are going to start giving people with less than 3 years with the company bonuses and basically say ## you to all the senior drivers. It's pretty sad and pathetic that you have to bribe the new drivers to stay at this garbage company. I graduated from their drivers program years ago and actually thought I would be retiring from this company. I'm worried everyday that I may end up losing my job over something stupid and simple. Nobody feels like they have a secure job anymore. That's why so many people are leaving and going to drive for other companies. They are cutting our driver dock bids and replacing them with temp workers, part-time workers, and full-time non cdl workers to "save" money. This company is basically going down the crapper. I feel like it's being run by Obama. You can't look into the future with this place because you don't know if you will be there tomorrow. Don't plan on 65+ hours a week with Conway on a mission to cut OT. Only thing good about this company is the money on PM line haul and that's where you will get your 65+ hours a week. I could go on and on but I'll end my rant here. If you really want to work here, it's not hard to get on. It used to be a tough company to get on with when they were ccx but now they hire the drivers other companies turn down just to keep freight moving. Good luck with your decision.

9. Teflon 007

Teflon 007 Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2012
    BEAST Coast

Who wants to work 65+ hours/week??! You must not have a family or kids. I'm GLAD that they are FINALLY hiring dockworkers! Even with the new hires, I'm still getting an avg. of 55 hours/week & I take home (not gross) over $1000/week. I wish they hire more dockworkers also so I can do what they hired me to do....DRIVE.

paul_4lp and CenutryClass Thank this.
  10. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    No offense.... but I've seen some of your guys forklift skills

Made a few posts about it before in good fun ;D

Bummer though.

11. Teflon 007

Teflon 007 Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2012
    BEAST Coast
    It's not called the 'Con-way Crunch' for nothing lol ;)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.