Freightguard

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Rideandrepair, Feb 5, 2023.

1. tequesia2

tequesia2 Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2019
    Fair enough. I can respect a human that can recognize their blind spots.

Rideandrepair and rollin coal Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Well you have to own your #### ups. But that's not a #### up it's just how I do things to save wasted time. There's nothing worse than going through the hassle of setting up only to find out, sorry my co-worker covered that with a carrier we were already set up with.

4. Avrakotos

Avrakotos Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2020
    BC
    Its only going to get worse. Ive always used a combination of Carrier 411 info, my internal info/experience, and my own judgement. Ive been at it long enough to tell who and what im dealing with on the phone pretty quickly and accurately. I use a carrier that has paper logs, runs at night, knows where the scales and staties hide, and works a specific lane that allows him to avoid inspections. 18 years experience, over 1000 loads with me personally. His metrics on 411 and assure say the same thing - F rating and double brokering risks. HAHAHA, gtfoh dude is a ##### legend. Meanwhile, a large group of systers out of Chicago are acting like Landstar, they have inspections because they have assets, but call all day on my loads and try to double broker them all day. When you look them up they have B+ ratings and all the freight guards they were issued for double brokering are bribed away. So some dude in Armenia or Uzbekistan (nothing personal against them) can have a good rating and just scam me but a guy i can talk to and actually lives and works in USA has issues. Boggles the mind.

5. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    It's always funny how you can tell something is not right with a load just from a little conversation. The scammers just always sound sketchy as ****. I think a lot of people who get burned ignore the little red flags and book anyway. They're only laser focused on what the load is "paying" and how they need it and that's all the hook a scammer needs, any **** they say that doesn't add up will be ignored and they got their sucker. Someone via email giving me some bs about my gmail account or our brokerage authority I can get them to call my cell phone, talk for a couple of minutes, and they know I'm legit to book/run their load.

Rideandrepair and Lite bug Thank this.
  6. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Likewise I’d rather work with someone like you.

7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I had one last week. He was too specific about providing a pdf copy of BOL, for immediate payment, and a whole practiced smeal about the details of the Load. Almost sounded like it was scripted, and being read. Sure enough they had a list of complaints for non payments. Experience and intuition can’t be replaced by an Artificial Intelligence program.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    rollin coal Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.