Freightliner Cascadia Front End Shaking Problem

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by bunniecarrots, Aug 17, 2021.

1. bunniecarrots

bunniecarrots Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Hi everyone,

I'm going to attempt to post/upload a copy of said repairs previously July 2020 vs. Now August 2021. I've done everything on this list a 2nd time, plus had stabilizer bar replaced this time around . Hoping anyone can help, just went to freightliner in Harrisburg PA and no luck either.

Attached Files:

Volvo runner Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucker1921

Trucker1921 Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2014
    I can’t help you I’m in the same boat my truck is shaking like an earthquake, had it in few shops nobody can tell me what’s happening ‍♂️[​IMG] put new tires drums breaks alignment still nothing.

4. Trucker1921

Dec 28, 2014
    I have the same issue and replace all the U joints Drive shaft the carrier bearings the torque rod’s new tires drums brakes but nothing is helping.

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Hmmmmm. Have any of these trucks been wrecked?

The best alignment shop I know of is Burns Brothers in Ripon California next to the Love's.

They can quite literally rebuild the whole truck.

You guys had 3 axle alignments done right?

6. olddog_newtricks

olddog_newtricks Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Went through the same thing with my old Columbia before I replaced it. Never did solve the problem. All I can say is they are called Freight shakers for a reason.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  7. John E.

John E. Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2021
    New Brunswick
    I would check on where my front tires were made. Stamped on the sidewall. If they are a Chinese tire, good chance the tire is out of round and can't be balanced. Quality control at the plant could be the culprit.
    I had the mirrors come loose on my truck, running a set of crap tires on my steer axle. I changed them to a brand of tire with Made in the USA stamped on the sidewall. Also, I placed a liter of coolant in each tire. Solved my problem, no shake and my new tires are running perfect and wearing great so far. Also tightened my mirrors up. May solve your problem.

8. Trucker1921

Dec 28, 2014
    Yes I had a three axle alignment done, and I also have brand new Bridgestone tires. Makes me wonder if it may be injectors?

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Was the truck ever damaged?

10. Trucker1921

Dec 28, 2014
    I just put brand new bridge stones on I had them balanced
    No not that I’m aware of,I’ve been in this truck for almost 2 years Never had this issue.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  11. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    GO Google Tru Balance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.