FreightLiner Classic Cruise Control

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Firebird, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Marvinseries60

Marvinseries60 Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2015
    And oh yeah mine is also equipped with Detroit series 60 ....it seems that's all owners with this motor in freightliners tend to come across this problem. Just saying

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Aboatbum1

Aboatbum1 Bobtail Member

Mar 13, 2016
    I have similar problem. 2007 Frieghtlner Century. Cruise just quit working one day. Also the accelerator pedal will not work if parking brake is set. Release parking brake and accelerator works again. When parking brake released and truck is idling the cruise switch will work to increase RPM but cruise will not work on the roll.

4. Safe Haul

Safe Haul Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2017

5. Safe Haul

Safe Haul Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2017

I found the switch but how do i remove it?

6. Safe Haul

Safe Haul Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2017
    I found the switch/plug to replace the cruise controll on my "06" Freightliner Century Class. How do i remove it to install the new one. Im completely new to this!

7. Secondchance487

Secondchance487 Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2016
    After reading this forum for 2 minutes driving down the road, I thought I would try something. I stabbed the clutch then released.. nothing. Then i did the same thing with my break pedel. Stabbed it for a Split Second, then immediately put my foot under the pedel to lift up on it and "Presto" it's working again. All I could think was no way. Haha for once my truck had an easy fix. Thanks the info guys.
    08 Columbia, Series 60 14 L

8. scokat

scokat Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2013
    96 classic. Just replaced the brake switch on the firewall manifold and reconnected the 2 wires. Now cruise don't work but high idle does. Any ideas. Detroit 60.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.