Freightliner Classic vent window delete.

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by The Biggest Dawg, Dec 10, 2019.

1. The Biggest Dawg

The Biggest Dawg Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2019
    [Location Not Found]
    I've seen a few classics without the vent windows how is this done? I can't find any info on how to do it.

aka quarter glass aka wing window

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’ve seen one in a junkyard. It’s simply a vent window mounted stationary. Window is the same. A post still blocks the mirror, so you can’t just roll window down, to eliminate glare, while backing at night. I imagine it’s possible, by moving the track, and getting a custom window made. Classic has a design flaw, with those vents/1/4 windows.I’ve never seen one with a full window. Did they make one? If so, I’d like to eliminate them completely.

The Biggest Dawg Thanks this.
  4. Shawn2130

Shawn2130 Heavy Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Ontario
    Them window post sure take up a lot of space for something so skinny.

I drive a 1998 Ford Louisville sleeper at the moment until the freightliner gets its engine overhauled.

the ford has complete clear view to the mirror. The freightliner has a post right there. The Ford’s door is a lot larger also.

5. The Biggest Dawg

The Biggest Dawg Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2019
    [Location Not Found]
    I found this
    Life style on Instagram: “#eiver2trucker”
    he said he got it done at AmericanTruck Pro.Installation (@americantruckpro) • 385 Instagram photos and videos

6. IMSITTINGINYOURCHAIR

IMSITTINGINYOURCHAIR Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2019
    reminds me, I have seen some of the century/Columbia trucks with a single piece windshield, wish I could do that to my cascadia!

7. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I am the other way around, I much prefer the vent windows. One of my KW's has daylight doors, and if I ever repaint it I would change them out.

8. MinionTRookie

MinionTRookie Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2018
    I was thinking the same, the glare and the post in the way, plus literally old rubbers all the way around, plus the thought of replacing them when the originals are a rusty mess....I think I will elect to have a full piece of laminated cut and installed with new rubbers when the time comes. I think a bit of the front corner is sacrificed by running a new front track just an inch or so back of the original and two or three inches above the bottom of the opening at 90 degrees to travel. Pretty sure if a kit can't be bought, it's a pretty doable customize by any skilled Mickey mouser.

9. dynamo440

dynamo440 Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2021
    BRIGHTON, CO
  10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Good info, thanks. When I was looking at mine, didn’t think the small triangles were needed. But I guess they are, as the track can only be moved so far.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.