Freightliner Coronado

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by truckingmechanic, Feb 17, 2016.

1. truckingmechanic

truckingmechanic Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2015
    I haven't heard too much hype about these trucks but I was just wondering what people on this website know about it. Anything about fuel mileage, any good things about it, and any bad things about it would be a very big help. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I am also curious if this truck is anything different than Cascadia except body

4. pallet breakdown

pallet breakdown Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2016
    i broke down 5 times in a freightliner because of the def system sensors making my engine quit running doing 65 miles an hour , then i would have no power steering while coasting onto the shoulder. the mecanics computer said it wasnt spraying enough exaust fluid and the flex pipe was on slightly curved and it caused junk to clog up. international has a exaust system that doesnt need DEF, you save money by not buying exaust fluid everytime you fuel and you wont break down because the exaust fluid computer or sensors are messed up. i drove a international lone star at smith transport and it rides smooth and turns like a international 9400i and i didnt have to spend $500 a week on DEF at the fuel island

truckingmechanic Thanks this.
  5. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    $500 per week on Def

TruckerNerd Thanks this.
  6. truckingmechanic

Sep 4, 2015
    So you like those lonestars a lot better? They look pretty sharp but i havent heard much about them

7. Movingismylifeilovemoving

Movingismylifeilovemoving Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2015
    I dont know much about the Internationals except the massive problems they had intialy. Correct me if I'm wrong but they went with massive EGR valves instead of DPF and the maxforce engine was (is?) a dud. Ive heard good thing about the int's with cummins tho

as far as the Coronado goes.. I've heard they dont have the samcab module, which is a huge bonus considering the problems the cascadia has with them. The Samcab issues(and cost to repair or replace) is what kept me from buying a cascadia

8. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Not sure what the newest ones are like, set forward axle on most, and streamlined but not as aerodynamic as a Cascadia or Columbia, but still the same basic setup as Columbia/Century with a narrower frame setting and tighter turning radius than the FLD and Classics.

I think the newest ones have the multiplexed electrical which pretty much all have gone to, and the air horn still has a cable, even in Cascadias.

9. dcnascar

dcnascar Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Arkansas
    Class 8 International trucks have Cummins and N13 (new label for MaxxForce). Both engines are SCR and use DEF. MaxxForce without SCR all but bankrupt Navistar. Freightliner Coronado came out several years before the Cascading.

10. truckingmechanic

Sep 4, 2015
    Do you know anything about the coronado that I listed above?

11. dcnascar

dcnascar Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Arkansas
    Sorry, can't help you there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.