Freightliner Coronado

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by truckingmechanic, Feb 17, 2016.

1. mastllc

mastllc Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2008
    somewhere in ga
    another thing is that coronados are geared toward O/O's. a lot of the trim pieces, chrome pieces, and lights that are not on other freightliner models ten to be a little pricey to replace.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wattie411

Wattie411 Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2016
    Chattanooga, TN
    The ad says all 3 have the 60 series. You make a good point though. Those two years were the ezperimenting years for the new emissions crap. If I were to get one of them I would def be wanting to remove as much of that stuff as possible.

4. mastllc

Aug 28, 2008
    somewhere in ga
    that would be my recommendation, and also the price seams kinda low for a coranado?

5. Wattie411

Wattie411 Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2016
    Chattanooga, TN
    I didn't make it back from Atlanta in time to check them today but am gonna try tomorrow. I think it sounds kinda low also. They may be all ragged out or it may just be a good deal. Buying a truck like that that cheap I would expect it to need some repairs. I will def have my mechanic buddy go over it with me first. If i can get one for 15k and have to sink 15 more in it then I'll have a nice solid truck for $30,000. What I've seen elsewhere thats stilll a good deal.

6. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    These trucks are glider kits if they have the 60 series in them. No emission at all. The price is low because of the miles on them. Like the other guy said, be prepared for an inframe & lots of small things to fix. Could still be a very good truck.

7. mastllc

Aug 28, 2008
    somewhere in ga
    they made a 60 series with a DPF. they went in 2008-2009 trucks, century, columbia, cassic, and coronad. it could be either or.

8. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    It's a freightliner should be all you need to know.

9. InRoadsOne

InRoadsOne Bobtail Member

May 25, 2018

10. InRoadsOne

InRoadsOne Bobtail Member

May 25, 2018
    I have a guy offering to sell me a Coronado with set back axles for a lot less money than Coronados with comparable specs and miles and standard axles.

What's the difference?

brysol01 Thanks this.
  11. Trucker Nunnery

Trucker Nunnery Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2020
    The Cab for the most part might be the same But The Kick Panel around the Fuel Pedals are not the same .My right foot was completely crushed in a Head on collision in Jellico Mtn Tenn , Drs at UT where amputating my right foot when a Dr stepped in Surgery & Said he could save my foot wit bone Outta my broken hip or my Broken elbow. Driver of other vehicle was High on Crystal/Meth He had 2 teenage brothers 15&17 yrs old that died on impact.i couldn't walk for over a year . Now I have to have more room behind the fuel pedal to be comfortable . Freightliner Coronado's have more room around Fuel pedal than the Crap-Cadia or the Century. but Coronados have more room, along with Peterbilts & Kenworths have plenty of room bedside and behind the fuel pedal which allows my foot to rest just fine sideways on the Throttle. Just something I have noticed, I was in major Pain when I tried to drive the Cascadia to California with Miller Truck Lines Tulsa Oklahoma,, Called dispatch & told them what was going on with my foot. They got with Sara Carter in safety & she explained to them my Needs , I was deverted back to Tulsa and given a Kenworth T-660 and everything was fine with my foot and Runnin' Dem West Coast Turn a Round and then do it again..lol.. Just my thoughts on the matter ..Peace ✌️ Love ❤️ and 18 Wheelz.... Grumpy sayz Ten four over a d Out we Gone By By

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.