Freightliner shuts off while driving

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Mikem1997, Dec 3, 2019.

1. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    good point. my lawn mower does the same stuff. the switch is bad and grounding it self out.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    i cut the white wire. lawn mower wont cut off. i have to take air filter cover off and choke it down with a rag

4. CalMaze

CalMaze Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Hello Mikem, what was the fix to your problem?, I have a 2010 Cascadia DD15 doing the exact thing: Fan kicks on; I lose fuel pressure; check engine lights up; plus low engine break and lose cruise control. Mechanics checked for wiring and one suggested is the connection between ECM and CPC however he could not get to it. Your input is appreciated.

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  5. Mikem1997

Mikem1997 Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Yes truck was fixed. After replacing all new wiring harness truck still did the same thing was able to make it home. Then they did check between ECM and CPC and nothing. Till they ended up replacing CPC and Still nothing. At the end it ended up being a bad ECM. So all money spent on wiring harness around 10k went out the drain. So replace the ECM it’s around $900 for the part.

6. CalMaze

CalMaze Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2019
    You make alotta money and you spend alotta money! I replaced the harness(1,200.), and that didn't fix it at the local mechanic, so I took is to Detroit where it sits waiting to replace the CPC, and clean the MCM connector (1,800) estimate plus the down time. I just hope I don't ave to fork out the final 900 plus labor. thanks for the reply.

7. trucker4life_

trucker4life_ Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2021
    FYI: if any time you notice the voltage gauge shows > 14.2 volts that indicates the 5A fuse of the PNDB is busted. This fuse is to keep the voltage from the alternator to PNDB at 14.2 or less. There is a relay in the PNDB that cannot handle more than 14.2v. If the 5A fuse is busted the relay will eventually wear out and it will cause loss of power while driving and you’ll have to replace the whole PNDB which costs about $405+tax. But it’s so to prevent this by replacing the 5A fuse any time you see truck’s voltage more than 14.2. There are 2 latches holding the door, snap those off, take out the door and you’ll see 4 fuses, the brown top one is the 5A fuse and if it’s busted, replace it and you’ll see the voltage drops back to 14.0 or 14.1v.

8. TxBossMan

TxBossMan Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Sweetwater, Texas
    What and where is the PNDB? I have 2000 FLD112 that just started doing this yesterday.

9. Dark70

Dark70 Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2022

10. Dark70

Dark70 Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2022
    My cascadi has the same issue , i wonder if you got it fixed? And what was the problem ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.