Freymiller; a few questions

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by wc5b, Jul 11, 2013.

1. wc5b

wc5b Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Flint, MI
    I have not seen info on Freymiller since a year or so ago. I was wondering if I could ask a few questions about them from drivers in the know. I understand there are strong feelings both positive and negative, and I know the rumors of "multiple" bankruptcies that may or may not exist. I am looking for more specifics. (Company Driver specific)

1. Are there any benefits to teams being recruited? Sign on bonus? Better Equipment (Not that what they have is bad)?

2. How is freight if you stay out 3-4 weeks? Is west coast common for solo drivers living east that do not require to come home weekly? Or are the teams the only trucks that get the west coast freight? (Or at least more then load and unload EVERYDAY as solo?)

3. How much drop and hook? Do teams get mostly drop and hook? Solos? How about no-touch freight percentage?

4. What speed are the trucks governed? Is it at least reasonable and not nazi controlled against legal safe speed downhill rates?

5. Does pet policy have any fees?

6. How is treatment from dispatch towards professional minded drivers that live by the golden rule? Do teams get treated "better"?

7. Electronic Logs?

8. Does the company expect or require trucks to run Chains, or do they allow drivers to employ safety first at there own discretion until chain restrictions are lifted?

9. Do they accept a small reasonable out of route from time to time to get smoother travel or avoid hazardous weather?

10. Per diem?

11. What primary fuel location chain or chains?

12. Is Safety a "memorandum" or a "culture"?

13. Hazmat required?

As you may see, I am kicking around the idea of getting back on the road. May bring friend with me. Trying to figure out if it would be better for each of us to run solo with Freymiller (a bit more comfortable lifestyle) or if its truly worth the advantages of teaming as we have experience doing it in the past.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. floatnlikefiber

floatnlikefiber Light Load Member

I have a thread "Freymiller Bound; Reefer madness begins" pay is depending on how long at your last job 65 mph trucks go all over pets ok teams get the new T680's lots of miles great people they are a "Truckers" company will run you if show them you can run.
    Safety is critical but they don't ride you if you screw up they will get on you downhill speed haven't been notified on it.
    Love's is primary fuel stop,E-logs,pretty good average on drop/hook over 50%,Per Diem is .14 not voluntary but helps(in detail on my thread),chains never used them to bad don't run,dispatch will treat you like you treat them be professional get a professional attitude.
    Teams are good 3-4 weeks will get you plenty of options call Vickie (800)909-5664 Ext 210 she can answer a lot of your questions feel free to ask on the other thread k.

Be safe and good luck

Stonehjl and Jrdude5 Thank this.
  4. wc5b

wc5b Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Flint, MI
    Just in case something happens, what is your name and unit number for you know what. After reading your thread, you may be my determining factor anyways. I can't seem to PM you for some reason.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    Jrdude5 Thanks this.
  5. streetbikebandit

streetbikebandit Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2013
    You said teams get t680's? Or did you mean t660's?

I run team with another company right now and we are thinkin bout jumpin ship cause they are promarillt a solo company and that's about the mileage we have been getting since this company stays east of the misissippi primarily, were lucky if we get 3500 miles a week and they are always botching our hometime. Since my partnet and I live so part from each other we alternate hometime monthly and we understand that frieght doesnt work out exactly when we want it to but we have never made it home reasonably close to when we want to be there wich is hard to believe cause 90% of the time we are usually less than 400 miles sometimes 600 miles from our homes.

Anyways spoke to a recruiter at freymiller last week and of course I got the "the grass is greener over here" type routine saying average 4500-5500 miles a week steady, average haul 950-1250.

She also said trucks were all kw t660's and pete 386's 2011 and newer with apu's, however I think I sae on here that the pete's are only single bunks.

6. wc5b

wc5b Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Flint, MI
    Ya, from the posts I have read, there are only a few 660's left in the fleet. Mostly Pete 386 for solo. I guess they have a small team fleet of 680's for them. 10 I think I read. So, other then a few 660's left over, Solo's are in Pete 386, and Teams are in KW 680's. This is from what I have read on a number of threads. Not from the horses mouth. I too am in touch with their recruiting. Maybe I, or our team, will see you around.

7. Gunrunner84

Gunrunner84 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2008
    I am scheduled for orientation on the 21st. Any current drivers out there have any info on how your experience has been with them. I'm Coming into the restore program they have. Besides Swift they are the only ones offering me a shoot at getting back on the road. Thanks for any info.

8. 23YearoldTrucker

23YearoldTrucker Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
  9. Gunrunner84

Gunrunner84 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2008
    The one in OKCity. I thought that was the only one they had?

10. 23YearoldTrucker

23YearoldTrucker Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oh okay yeah i was thinking about going with them.. i live in phoenix,az i rwad about there restore program.. i was also thinking about swift.. freymiller wish they had a terminal here

11. RustyLugz

RustyLugz Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2015
    ohio
    Hey y'all.. I used to be a regular poster on this site under the name gator06, I believe was my name. Anyway after a few years working local I'm heading back OTR.
    I've read most of the post here and like most there are good and bad things said about this company. If anything really stood out it was the fact that there is a lot more positive then negative said about this company. Look at it this way, if company's had an,open,forum to talk about it's good and bad drivers, how many of US would be talked about at some point or other on the bad driver list. In trucking there's no "perfect fit" for drivers or company's. You have to be willing to go to any company keeping an,open mind and make your own experiences. There's gonna be good days and there's gonna be bad days. It is what it is people and it's been this way since the days of wells cargo.
    As far as Freymiller is concerned, I looked into this company just before going local. I did my research as I do with any company and a lot of it concist of talking to the actual drivers currently sitting in Freymiller equipment. I will say that the majority of the guys I talked to were pretty happy. No one really complained about miles, or equip. I can say after 17 years you kinda learn the good and bad and who the swifts are. I for one don't like big companies But in today's day and age their pretty tuff to avoid. For me I'm looking fwd to running for these guys. I have pretty tuff skin and can,overlook a lot of BS. Its my opinion that the majority of driver's would be happy here. The equipment is excellent, from what I hear drivers are appreciated and respected. They don't play games with your pay and as you get along and go along then a driver shouldn't have issues here. Now with that said let me first comment for those of you who think that getting along and going along means kissing tail. Yup sometimes you have too! Its their equipment ,their freight. So if that means being nice to people I wouldn't hangout with at home, then so be it! If that's what it takes to get better runs so what! When asked to do favors and take a crap 20 stop 200 mile run, yup I'm gonna do it and not complain. Why you ask ? Cuz it's not my truck, its not my freight and I'm just an employee. But like other smart drivers out there I'm gonna bank those in my " did you favors bank" I'm gonna pull these out at times like mid November and freights slow a few weeks before Xmas knowing I need the money and remind my DM respectfully. Call it tail kissing or anything you want, cuz the bottom line is all I care about is supporting my family. I hope all of you go into your next job or even next day of work with a better attitude or at least be willing to keep an,open mind. Make your own experiences, make that position yours. Set the goal to be that companies number one driver. Be that guy that all DMs WANT on their board. If you can do this, I guarantee a very nice pay raise to your bottom line...

Be safe drivers. Remember the rubber side of your truck goes down ⬇

Spanky1008, FLATBED and Gunrunner84 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.