Freymiller and own authority...

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by NJ LADYTRUCKER, Apr 15, 2016.

1. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    That's the part I was missing. Now that makes sense. Now I understand the reasoning, at first I thought you meant you couldn't run your own freight while having other trucks leased on to landstar. You just can't be an approved carrier and also lease on trucks to them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Braylean

Braylean Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Would just like to add that yes they do have camera in the trucks but they are stand alone camera that you can buy yourself on the internet. They are not monitored on the road because they are not satellite uplink cameras. They simply come on in an incident and record i think it's 20 seconds before and after the incident on an sd card and then when you pull into the yard at okc it will uplink automatically on the Wi-Fi and download the sd card footage to safety's computer. I had a couple off hard braking events there and nothing was ever said to me about any footage that might have been recorded..

4. NJ LADYTRUCKER

NJ LADYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2013
    East Orange, NJ
    That must be their company trucks. I brought my own truck over to them and have since bought a 2nd truck and neither one of mine have cameras....

5. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    So I guess it's working out better than CRST. Glad you found a good place to be.

6. NJ LADYTRUCKER

NJ LADYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2013
    East Orange, NJ
    Way better! CRST was ok until they tried to micromanage us, but that's a large carrier for you. Having my own authority is much better! Thanks!

OLDSKOOLERnWV and RStewart Thank this.
  7. Braylean

Sep 10, 2013
    This one is wrong. They are strict about running legal and very careful about not interrupting your breaks. This was one of the things i really liked about them. And you seldom sit because aside from Wal-Mart's 4 hour wait time, they will call and nag the shipper or receiver for you if they screw around to long. I have had them call a shipper every thirty minutes once because they were being buttheads. I was the last load we pulled from that shipper as well. Miles were always great, a lot of L.A. to Texas and beyond. They do Florida but avoid most of the n.e. most of the time with the exception of the ports in Philly for fruit. How this helps

8. Braylean

Sep 10, 2013
    Yeah the camera are on company trucks and l/p trucks until the truck is paid off and then they remove it if you want. I was reading back on this thread and where did anyone gleam 1.26 pm from own authority pay at freymiller? They pay 76 percent of gross and 100 percent of fsc. on own authority. You can get your own authority on lease purchase trucks as well and do very well in their l/p program on that same percentage. I have routinely seen paystubs from l/p drivers trying to get me to get my own authority that surpassed 3k after expenses and saw one from a driver that was on his third truck I think it was that had a check that was 6k after expenses and these were solo operators. I'm not saying freymiller is the end all be all as they have their problems like anyone. But there is money there and allot of their contracts pay very well because of being just in time contracts. The downfall is you better hit the ground running there because they will want you to run your ### off and the appointments are tight most of the time. They are very efficient at calculating how long you will be at a dock and how long it will take you to get to that next appt and keeping you moving. So if you don't want to work don't go there because if you screw up to many appts they will starve you out. Do your work though and you will be rewarded in one form or another. You have too remember that all their dispatchers are former or current drivers so if you give them a bs excuse they will know it's bs and call you on it.
    Anyhow in touting a hopper now and have been for close to a year and considering going back and laying claims to another Pete 386 and seeing if things can stay stable at home long enough for me to own it this time around.
    Stay safe all!!

9. Gtbinc6

Gtbinc6 Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Currently o/o with my son working for CRST under their authority. Making 4k to 5k per week. Been here 6 months. CRST is having a hiring bonus currently. If you decide to go with CRST use my name and employee number. 254 913 0360

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.