Freymiller May 2018

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by moremilesplz, May 11, 2018.

1. bpres0107

bpres0107 Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Jefferson City, MO
    Thank you so much for that information, it was very helpful.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lovetwodrive

lovetwodrive Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2017
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Still @ Freymiller?? Your candid assessments helped me make the decision to accept their offer. Coming aboard next month. Hope you're still rolling...somewhere

4. moremilesplz

moremilesplz Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Yeah I'm in Florida now local.

At Freymiller I liked the I-40 runs. Especially when going into Albuquerque, NM. Descending into the basin from Las Tijeras is very fun.

I liked driving in California.

I loved picking up for Bon Appetit. Those guys are very nice to deal with.

I hated going to MD.

At Freymiller, make sure you get your miles. Have a talk with your DM if your getting less than 2200 miles on why that is happening.

They leave you alone to do your job. Very little drama.

I had like $800 after taxes, health, dental, and eye insurance. That's a load with no stops. Pay for the Bon Appetit from CA to FL is $1500 gross. Many of those.

KLLM pays higher at 45 CPM, and it had a good reputation also.

Freymiller is a good to work for with most things being equal. You're treated with respect.

Metallica88 and lovetwodrive Thank this.
  5. lovetwodrive

Nov 29, 2017
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Good to hear. I, too will be driving out of Florida for Freymiller so I'll be looking for those long runs out west. I have been hauling tankers so live loads, live unloads and waiting forever to get your next load is something you live with in tankerland almost every run. Oh that and inconsistent miles every week.
    Freymiller's pay is meh, but if there is miles to be had and the much improved culture piece I hear about, I'll be a happy camper.

Metallica88 Thanks this.
  6. moremilesplz

moremilesplz Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Yeah Freymiller pay is low for a small company. Only 500 trucks. Kllm has 2500 plus, same with Stevens, but Stevens Transport is a crap company who treat their drivers like crap.

Freymiller lost drivers when they pushed the pay schedule back. Changed the pay day, and cut off day for trip envelopes

The average pay was closer to $1000 net than $800. Guys there mumble about it from time to time about the high wages before that change

Metallica88 and lovetwodrive Thank this.
  7. airtexaco

airtexaco Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Fort Stewart, GA
    If I ever went back to trucking I would go back to Freymiller. I was treated very well there. I just couldn’t figure out how to make a consistent paycheck there.
    Just like someone else said, you get your pay the following week. When that happened to me and I jumped to another long run, I would end up with a small check the next week if the trip terminated after the pay period was over.
    If the pay period ended on Sunday, my trip would end Monday or Tuesday. Maybe after being there for a long time and proving myself, my DM would have lined me up better. But mine took very good care of me, got me out of a snake-bit truck and Into a new truck faster than I thought. That was awesome, but you can’t eat a truck!

8. Metallica88

Metallica88 Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Did you make out to Freymiller? If so how is it going?

9. lovetwodrive

Nov 29, 2017
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Never took the job at Freymiller.
    Just couldn't get over the low initial offer per mile, in spite of the long runs, nice equipment and small everyone-knows-your-name atmosphere that I'm sure they offer. Still hauling reefer-took the Shaffer/Crete offer @ .52 to start. Not much drop and hook in reefer but the appointment times have been real accurate and I rarely if ever sit long enough to get detention so I'm happy. Running around 2600-2800 miles-that's plenty for wintertime.

Metallica88 Thanks this.
  10. Metallica88

Metallica88 Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Does Schaffer have driver facing cameras?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.