Freymiller pay update

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by asphaltreptile311, Sep 21, 2022.

1. jackoboyo

jackoboyo Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2014
    I believe he’s at Magnum. Check that thread

smokey12 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MaineRoad96

MaineRoad96 Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2022
    Hey @smokey12 sorry for my late reply it's been a few weeks since I last logged in. I'm with Magnum out of Fargo, ND. There's no hometime policy here. You have to be out a minimum of 2 weeks and then you can take as much time off as you want. I spoke with another driver who has a wife in another country and he sometimes takes just shy of a month off once or twice a year to go see her (they told him after 1 month off you have to give up your truck). If I remember his story right they were going through the long process of getting her visa and citizenship and all that (I've never done that so I don't remember the details it sounded complicated though). But yeah he took a month off and nobody else drove or touched his truck while he was off.

Earlier this year I did 2 weeks out on the road and 23 days off for a vacation to Europe. Didn't have to give up the truck, nobody touched it while I was gone. It's not one of those things where they say there's no hometime policy but then you actually get punished for taking time off. In other industries (like tech) I've read online about companies having no vacation policies but in reality the employees feel compelled to take LESS time off than they would have taken if there had been normal/official vacation policies in place. I guess what I'm saying is when they say no hometime policy, they really mean it and you're not going to get punished for it, they're not going to give you bad runs or less miles because you take more time off. It's very straight forward here, at least in my experience. The only time issues might come up is if you want MORE than a month off at one time.

You said you're looking for 3 weeks on 1 week off, yeah you could do that easily. If I stay out at least 3 weeks I normally take 10 days off and the only reason I don't run 3 weeks on 1.5 weeks off all year round is because I need the money so often times I'll stay out 4-6 weeks instead and then take 10-12 days off afterwards.

Hope this helps and good luck in your search.

smokey12 Thanks this.
  4. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    This sounds like a really sweet deal. Thanks for this info!

MaineRoad96 Thanks this.
  5. Captbob412

Captbob412 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Lake City, Florida
    Can this old Dinosaur put his 2 cents in?
    I retired as a Senior Captain ( I mention this as it's important later) from an airlines after 42 years in Military, Commercial, then Airline Transport . I did 28 years overseas ( And I can't believe the krappy drivers followed me here!) and was forced to retire due to mandatory retirement age. After 2 months I begged Social Security to " Unretire" me and went to an 8 week CDL Course at a Votech.
    I did my 4 months at Swift, then after a DM refusing to let me go home after I got a hernia, I went to US Express after hernia surgery.
    On my first day of Orientation in March of 2013 I watched a DM swear at a driver at Tunnel Hill. By the time she got back to her office they had cut a separation check for her! They don't put up with that, I Bless them for that.
    I started solo in a krap truck, but after 2 weeks of not complaining they called me in and gave me a brand new Freightliner. After a couple months of krap loads in the " Green Fleet" I switched to Team Driving. My team mate and I both drove 5 to 5 shifts, as it keeps your sleep patterns optimized ( I taught classes as an Instructor about Circadian rythems and regular, scheduled sleep schedules keep you rested!). We ended up driving Coast to Coast Fedex and Hazmat runs, never cleared less than 1850 a week apiece AND THIS WAS IN 2013. We never felt tired and stayed out 3 to 4 months at a time.
    I enjoyed both money and respect from US Express, however, after walking through airports and heliport worldwide in a pressed uniform with wings and rank and getting respect from everyone it was a shock to be treated like krap by just about everyone in the trucking industry, to include other drivers!
    After 5 years my teammate left and I went and bought a new 2017 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution and went to Landstar. They treat drivers with respect and you still make good money! I try to stay out 3 to 4 months at a time and now my wife rides with me. Our only issue is the maintenance after the warranty expired, as a Company Driver I never worried about that! But if you want respect, normally you have to give it to get it, but be aware most places you're just a tool that can be replaced. Just my 2 cents, and I love the fact I get to choose where and when I drive and no passengers to complain!

6. TruckDriver87

TruckDriver87 Bobtail Member

Nov 9, 2023
    Are you happy with the pay at Magnum?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.