FreyMiller - STAY AWAY !!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by IrnHrsCwby, Mar 27, 2017.

1. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    Actually those numbers sounds like the basic charges.

PhilKenSebben and MachoCyclone Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KFrenzel

KFrenzel Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2017
    That's not bad actually!
    We did LP for another company. Truck payment alone was $1375.30 A WEEK! Now, add in everything else and our deductions BEFORE fuel was around $1850 a week. Mileage was $1.03 per mile loaded and $0.82 cpm empty. As a team, we were only getting about 4200 miles per week. Our fuel was between $900-1200 per week depending on loads.

4. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    You guys know how much real estate you can buy at $1850 per week?
    It never depreciates.
    Be a company driver and invest in real estate.

buddyd157 and ncmickey Thank this.
  5. Braylean

Braylean Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2013
    I was going to lay this all out but you know what, I'm tired of arguing. I brought home around 1200+ when I leased a year ago and you can go OA any time and then you get O/o pay and I have seen some of those pay stubs up close to 5k net before taxes AFTER deductions. Yes you have to work, they don't just give you the truck and yes you have to pay you're bills and life sucks but really it isn't a bad deal and there are 4 big picture frames in the orientation room framing probably 100 our so $1 dollar bills. These are the dollars from the one dollar buy out of successfully completed leases so tell me again out can't be done.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    Crusader66 Thanks this.
  6. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Big deal buy a million mile truck for $1.
    Still suckers.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  7. Braylean

Sep 10, 2013
    Actually 600,000 give or take when it is paid off, lol. They don't keep anything much over three years and company trucks are eligible to lease to their assigned company drivers at 200,000 miles. Some have maybe but I personally haven't heard of anyone getting a truck with more than 400k on them and only a couple even close to that and both of them leased their assigned company trucks that they had put those miles on themselves.
    You can keep knocking Them but in the end if the driver works hard and has any business sense at all they can come away owning a very nice truck and make a decent living while paying for it. Now if your a gold digger looking for 5k paychecks right out of the gate then it isn't for you and if any of these o/o in here would actually be honest they will tell you that you will be hard pressed to do any better buying a new truck off a lot. I just left a job with a terrific guy that went broke just trying too keep four trucks up and running so I know from experience you are not doing any better buying used trucks cheap either. Your monthly expenses might be a bit cheaper but not much if you're doing it right because when guys post things like "I am only paying $700 a week for my brand new truck of the lot" they are either lying or they are going to go broke because they are not counting a maintenance fund, a rainy day fund or escrow or anything else but plates insurance and tags. Oh and let's not forget IFTA. I may not be the sharpest stone in the pond but I do know the numbers. Now I will admit that they charge an inflated total price for the trucks but when you add interest on a new our used truck loan it isn't much different. I am referring to leading with your own authority mind you. You make a decent living on the millage lease but the checks are better even after expenses with your OA.

jeff18 and Crusader66 Thank this.
  8. Roadrunner 16

Roadrunner 16 Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Savannah, Ga
    If you get a new truck you can lease at 300k. If you wanna start out right away as lease, you get what's available, so you may get a 400k or 500k truck you can't pick.

Crusader66 Thanks this.
  9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    That makes no sense to me. If I'm choosing to lease a truck, and committing to all the rules and regs, why would I not have a choice as to what truck I get? No way would I take an offer like that.

Broke Down 69 and TB John Thank this.
  10. Roadrunner 16

Roadrunner 16 Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Savannah, Ga
    I agree. The trucks are not spec very well either 8 speeds low horse power and can't pull a hill.

11. Braylean

Sep 10, 2013
    Ours a 15 litre Cummins, the hoop can be raised. You can lease at 200 k and out depends on if there is more than one truck available as to whether you get a choice right out the gate but you always have a choice, you can do like I did and drive company until the truck you want us available. After all, making 1000 to 1500 driving company while you wait isn't all that bad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.