Freymiller!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by FloridaBoy93, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    You can lease one of their trucks and then convert it to a 13 speed but the cost is gonna be out of your pocket.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cobrawastaken

Cobrawastaken Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Tulsa, OK
    There's a big difference between a 9 speed and a 10 speed besides one speed. The gears are a lot longer with a 9 speed and driving in the mountains is definitely doable but really annoying compared to a 10 speed. Even a 10 speed sucks in the mountains if the company has an RPM limit set on the truck. Say you're going uphill and it levels out a bit, but not all the way so you start to pick up speed. You get to your RPM limit and you shift up, but the RPMs are too low in the next gear so it bogs down and you just have to shift back down again. A 9 speed would be even worse because the gears are longer. With a 13 speed you can split at 1500rpm, maybe even less while still going uphill and the RPMs are still high enough that you can keep on trucking once you're in the next gear.

Purplepete90 and JForce28 Thank this.
  4. MericanMade

MericanMade Heavy Load Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    They found me a trainer in an automatic. Most, not all of their stuff is manual.

5. MericanMade

MericanMade Heavy Load Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    Disregard. Should have read down further.

6. Cobrawastaken

Cobrawastaken Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Tulsa, OK
    Ah, I see. Just like Swift used to be before they went all automatic. Don't know if that makes it any better... Lol

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  7. JForce28

JForce28 Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    I prefer a 10 speed myself but it's still better than an automatic.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  8. Simple Man1963

Simple Man1963 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2020
    Been Following This Post For Many Months .. So FloridaBoy93 How Goes The Journey ?When You Finished Training What Kind Of Truck Did You Get? New? How Did It Work Out Did They Give You A Load Headed To Florida For Hometime? How Many Days Off After 2 Months Out Training?How Has It Been Now Solo?Seriously Considering Frey Miller So Your Input Is Much Appreciated ! Thanks !!

TxFLdino57, Jarhed1964 and JForce28 Thank this.
  9. lilredexpress

lilredexpress Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2020
    Have you been thru Arizona and picked up and loads in Phoenix or Tucson? Thinking of going to Frey, they say I am in a good lane being in Arizona I will come thru I-10 easy. Not sure about truck parking during home time here, this town is strict, no commercial trucks allowed near any residential areas in Tucson.

Jarhed1964 and JForce28 Thank this.
  10. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    I had the same issue in Florida. I wound up having to pay $20 per day at the closest truck stop nearly 40 miles away. It was still a pain trying to get someone to pick me up and drop me off etc.

Jarhed1964 and lilredexpress Thank this.
  11. Hottub

Hottub Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2008

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.