freymiller

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Sti400, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Green_20

Green_20 Light Load Member

May 24, 2012
    North Carolina
    I started out at .33cpm and was making as much as my GF who is 30 with a 4 year degree and whose been with her job for 7 years. My mother has done Loss Prevention for over 25 years and I was making as much as she makes a year almost making her want to get a CDL. I guess, be grateful for what you got. It could be worse.

Lightside Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    I hear you, I was making a lot more as a global executive, went to the doctor the other day and my blood pressure was 15 points lower for the third reading over the past several months. I guess money really isn't everything... :)

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  4. Green_20

Green_20 Light Load Member

May 24, 2012
    North Carolina
    I'm not even exactly sure what a Global Executive is. haha! Hell, I ain't even attempted to start some college courses yet. I'd rather do many other things, but I ask my self is it really worth it, because in the end all jobs are going to have their pros and cons of some sort. With this load shift turn over thing I am having a hard time even finding someone to give me an opportunity to show my safety and redeem my self. At this present time I would like to start my own company where drivers are not treated as cattle, my self included.

5. Winnyf1

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    I hear that...

6. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    I did the college thing for about 4 years. Was studying to be a pharmacy technician. I probably would have been better suited for it but in the end it wasn't fit for me to stand around an office building all day or try to draw medicine from a vial. I've been trying to find a way to earn a decent living for years now but I know trucking isn't really all about money as it is a lifestyle. I know there are certain trucking jobs that pay better then going OTR 48 state. Tankers, Intermodal etc.

7. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    With the standard where it is now they can't find enough drivers... (Or so I hear)... So if they raise the standard, then they will be hurting for drivers even more... Not sure what the answer is but the lower standard is here and the cameras follow.

Personally, I hate Big Brother on every corner but have gotten use to the driver facing camera in my truck... But I consider myself a safe driver so if something were to happen then it would probably be good to have it documented.

And I highly doubt anyone at the office has time to watch anyone except those that maybe should be watched a bit closer.

Just my two cents worth... Cheers

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  8. Winnyf1

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Raise the standard and the pay, the driver shortage is bull, there are plenty of drivers for $60K companies...

Blue Irish and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  9. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Of course... Cause all the good drivers are going there... LOL ;-)

10. Sti400

Sti400 Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Well this is a starter company not a place to retire and we all have to start somewhere. I dont think anyone starts out making alot with out any experience.

augiedoggie41 Thanks this.
  11. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Freymiller is a starter company??? Have heard just a little about them but didn't get the feeling it was a starter company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.