Frieght liner classic, question

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by feldsforever, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Lysdexis

Lysdexis Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2018
    Arkansas
    That is true. The early isx also didnt have egr.

But in his year range they'll have egr.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 650cat425

650cat425 Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2020
    Pennsyltucky
    That would be Crude. Lol.

4. RichTrucker2020

RichTrucker2020 Light Load Member

May 30, 2020
    Lol ya I meant ride

feldsforever and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  5. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Freightliner trucks have a perfect beautiful ride in general.

At one point I drove a Freightliner single axle tractor for a while. Of course it had the famous airliner air suspension.

That little single axle truck road so smooth if you looked out the back window it looked as if the exhaust was going up and down but you were sitting level.

Add a tandem axle and a long wheel base and you talking about one smooth riding truck.

Once you drive an fld or classic that the suspension is right on it, you will never want to ever get into any other kind of truck ever again.

It is in a class by itself. Nothing can compare to the ride of the famous airliner suspension.

NOTHING.

6. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’ll admit, only Truck I’ve ever seen ride better is Volvo. As much as I hate to admit it. I wish I knew why.

7. RichTrucker2020

May 30, 2020
    Why do people call Freightliner, Freighshaker then?

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  8. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017

I have spent many many years in these Freightliner trucks.

I have driven every kind of truck that there is. Not only does The Airliner give you the best ride on the rear but the Freightliner front end holds the road better than any other truck ever made. And Freightliner also brilliantly engineered it that the truck will turn more sharply and back in better than other trucks. Especially with the set-back axle. If you drive a gigantic Freightliner with a set-back axle like an FLD model it will shock you the places you can back into easily.

You have to drive it to understand what I'm talking about but it's the feel in the steering wheel in the way that it holds the road. Other trucks seem a little mousy or squirrely but the Freightliner just holds the road like a German car.

So why do they call them Freight Shaker?

The reason is because that front end is so tight and straight and holds the roads so perfectly that if you have a tire that is out of balance it will take that front end and it will throw it from side to side. If you have a loose bearing or a worn spring hanger you will feel it immediately. But the shaking is usually a tire out of balance. I have had that happen in different trucks and some of them will violently shake the wheel.

It's like a mathematical formula, that front end. 2 + 2 is 4. 2 + 2 is always four and always will be and no matter how you look at it it will always perfectly be 4. Now if you try to add 2.2 + 2.2 you no longer get four. Any equation will always be out of whack no matter what you do. That's about the best explanation I can give of how perfect that Freightliner front end is.

When everything is right, those Trucks ride better and hold the road better than anything else that's made anywhere.

I think that the FLD/ Classics for many many reasons are the best trucks ever made.

9. RichTrucker2020

May 30, 2020
    Good write up. Am thinking of getting my first truck and am thinking either pre emission Freightliner or 2018 Volvo. Ride comfort is top priority next to reliability.

10. feldsforever

feldsforever Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2019
    Is the ticket cheaper than a tank of fuel?

11. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    In the 90s macks Hendrickson air ride was the tits. Don't know about the Volvo but i wasn't a fan of the ride on the cascadia

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.