Frieghtliner Cascadia Engine Break Dashboard Light

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by rinkusaini, Aug 16, 2018.

1. rinkusaini

rinkusaini Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2017
    hi ,
    I have frieghtliner cascadia 2014 model . I’m facing problem with engine break’s dashboard light . My engine break working fine but when I apply engine break my dashboard engine break light some time work and sometimes not . It’s electric problem or something else . I also changed engine break switch near pedal . Please give me reply that how can I fix this problem.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    men you don't have a problem believe me. )))) no way to fix it. live with it.

4. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Engine brake light? Guess Im behind the times. My first engine brake was in 1976 on a 290 cummins. Now have a pete 379, 2001. With a cat. Light on engine brake never had. The 1970 IH with a 238 detroit I drove think engine brakes were not around then.? Like previous comment, light, nah no problem. Sorta like having a dashboard light that lights up when you set yourself in the drivers seat?? No real need you can figure that much out. Same with the engine brake.

5. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Well I don't know about a 2014 but in my 2016 it's handy to have because if you put the engine brake on but step on the accelerator the brake is overridden and the truck accelerates just fine. However the cruise control will no longer work. Sometimes while driving I manage to bump the engine brake down just one notch which is hard to notice as the brake handle would only move a minute amount. Having the light helps me figure out why the cruise is no longer working.

The interesting thing is the light on my dash for cruise and engine brake is the same light.

6. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Tried to understand how putting engine brake on lower setting affects the "brake handle"? My goodness just watch and remember what switches you have on..or off. May be handy, but stay in touch with you controls and don't become dependent on idiot lights. Used to be a joke around some years ago" you know why xyz trucking took the passenger seat out? So the driver would know where to sit".

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.