Friggin Werner....

Discussion in 'Werner' started by bleepin'trucks, Sep 11, 2014.

1. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I got injured and have been working at the terminal. .. hoping to be relesed to go back to driving this Friday when I see the Dr. but, that is not the point of this post..

So, since I was at the terminal I inquired about why this happens.. why they dont do a more thorough check before brining people to orientation and having to send them home..

The reson.. is when you get to orientaion the first thing you do is fill out all the paperwork, the first bieng an actual full application. .. where you sign a release of information for each past employer... that is what they need to send a form to your past employer to verify that you worked there and why you left.. they want it in writing from all past employers.

So, the recruiters job to do just do a simple and basic screen based on what information you provide and a preliminary check that you qualify...

The actul thorough background check and employment history isnt done till after you have filled ojt the application and signed the release of information forms.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AppalachianTrucker

AppalachianTrucker Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2014
    Orion Arm
    This is an incredibly stupid practice on its face.
    Does Werner get paid to put bodies in seats at training? Government grants or something?
    There must be an incentive of some kind to let this sort of sloppy hiring practice continue.

cowboy_tech Thanks this.
  4. Scott101

Scott101 Medium Load Member

Nov 30, 2008
    NorCal
    They would probably end up doing tons of background checks on people that never show up for orientation.

AppalachianTrucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.