Frightliner

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by tallguy66, Oct 17, 2020.

1. tallguy66

tallguy66 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2018
    Hello just posting to see if any fellow cascadia drivers are experiencing this, mine is a 2018.

When on either grooved pavement or non matching pavement I feel like the rear end is walking/ being dragged all over.

Another thing, whenever I hit a rough bridge, or even just a rough patch of pavement it seems the can wobbles side to side.

Experiencing the above makes me pretty uneasy, I’m just wondering if this is somewhat normal with the cascadias.

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    You've probably already done this, but make sure your tire pressures are uniform and that your leveler valve isn't wonky. I had a Volvo one time that I thought the rear wheel fell of after hitting a stretch of that chipped pavement.. it scare me to death.. felt like driving on marbles

4. tallguy66

tallguy66 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2018
    actually something very similar happened to me on i70 as soon as I crossed into Ohio from Indiana. Tire pressure is in check, I just had my ride height control valve switched out, alignment, and a u-joint changed out..

It’s not a good feeling that’s for sure, was there a particular issue on the Volvo that caused it?

5. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Probably just my rear end that is connected to my brain... I'm a bit of a chicken as it relates to 70' of truck crabbing down the highway. No, I don't think it was technical, I think it was just the chewed up road.. it reminded me a lot of riding a motorcycle across one of those metal grid bridges.. couldn't have gotten a straight pin up my butt with a jack hammer

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.