Frito Lay Load Securement - Yeah, Right.....

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by RootHog, May 25, 2017.

1. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Well, look around, be creative. Someone is always throwing away an old 2 way pallet.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. centralmi

centralmi Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Cincinnati Oh
    Don't worry about it. If it was a problem sni would provide proper netting. I've hauled that many times.

mindes Thanks this.
  4. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    I had a guy that worked for Frito-Lay, show me how they lock them boxes in place. After stepping down if possible, take the top two boxes in the middle and turn them sideways. Locks them in place. Never had any fall after doing that.

sealevel and driverdriver Thank this.
  5. RootHog

RootHog Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2008
    NWA
    True, and only a limited number of straps. This week, doing 5 Frito Lay drop and hooks. Run out of straps quick doing this.

You would think, since we take the loads in with straps, there should be straps in the trailer already that could at least be hanging in the very back, but I've yet to open up a trailer and have straps there.

mathematrucker Thanks this.
  6. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    I've always just used two straps and crossed them in a giant X to prop up the boxes. Haven't had any fall yet. But, I've gone to put straps in the trailer and found about half the load already all over the floor multiple times

7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I very rarely ever use straps on Frito-Lay loads if the boxes fall in the trailer then they fall in the trailer Frito-Lay is telling me so many times that they don't really care if they fall

mathematrucker, Bo Hunt and centralmi Thank this.
  8. BigTennOTR

BigTennOTR Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Tenn
    Nooooooooooooooo not the tater chips!!!!!! :(

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im amused.

All this strapping, blocking etc. Go over mount omg and KABOOM chips everywhere due to altitude changes...

BigTennOTR Thanks this.
  10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Boxes are about 10" tall 14" long ... floor to ceiling, all the way back. Now how the heck is a pallet going to help.

Sometimes you just have to stand back when opening the doors. Then spend some time chucking boxes up onto the dock.

11. RootHog

RootHog Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2008
    NWA
    Jonesboro, AR had a policy today that if the load was within 2 feed of the doors, do nothing. Any farther away, load straps. So, I put in a couple load straps.

Now to see if they will let me get them back out in Kathleen to let me put them in the next trailer.

These load straps are doing nothing to hold these boxes in. They are literally almost a foot away from the boxes.

Friday Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.