From England - To Con-Way

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by Johnny_Reb, May 13, 2015.

1. Johnny_Reb

Johnny_Reb Bobtail Member

May 13, 2015
    Ok - I started with CR England in December last year, and went through some of the most insane garbage I have ever seen - Was nothing like what I read online though - but still terrible.. But I can go into that elsewhere if anyone is curious about new idiocy at England ;) - as I have loads..

I had observed Con-Way from the outside looking in - as England pulls Con-Way loads rather frequently and I admired how Con-Way functioned in general vs the cluster ##### of England -

I know that every company has its bad sides, but I left England and am starting my Orientation at the Con-Way in Marion on Monday the 18 -

I am going Solo OTR - having experienced team driving my entire time at England - (Forced, but I can go into detail as I said elsewhere if people desire) so I can be on my own for a bit - I know there is more money in Team driving, so that doesn't need to be mentioned -

Does anyone here have any tips or advice for starting out with Con-Way as OTR?

Appreciate it in advance Drivers -

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Thediamond13

Thediamond13 Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Make sure you know how to trip plan as a solo driver

Johnny_Reb Thanks this.
  4. Johnny_Reb

May 13, 2015
    I have no issues trip planning - did that with England ;)

5. Salad

Salad Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Con-Way truckload? Or Con-Way Freight.

Con-Way Truckload will be easy for you to fit into. After you get the hang of the macros, and whatnot.

My advice is get ready to make more money, and get ready to wave at the other Con-Way's you pass by.

Welcome aboard

Johnny_Reb Thanks this.
  6. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Try and stay out of Texas cause once you get there you won't leave... Tractor supply loads after tractor supply loads...

Johnny_Reb Thanks this.
  7. Johnny_Reb

May 13, 2015
    Con-Way Truckload is the division I am going into - I forgot that they had different divisions - Thanks for the welcome Salad -

And Texas? It ain't that bad in Texas - sometimes...

8. wrench&ride

wrench&ride Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Tell Steve in marion that Rich & Doris say hello we just started with conway a month ago we were with england also we love it.

Johnny_Reb Thanks this.
  9. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Unfortunately, you won't pull many loads for Con-way freight -- those tend to go to teams & outside team contractors like England and Covenant.

But Con-Way truckload should still be a whole lot better than CRE. Enjoy sleeping in a parked truck, showering when/where you want, XM radio, and being treated pretty close to a human...

paul_4lp and Johnny_Reb Thank this.
  10. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Yeah don't pull the old mans finger at the Joplin dispatch window.

You'll regret it.

Stinky farts galore.

Yeah!!!!
    Ask "do we get paid to pickup in west part of San Antonio when we are in east part of San Antonio 30 miles away!!???!!"

Come back and tell us what lie they told you... I need my entertainment.

11. Johnny_Reb

May 13, 2015
    If I am not mistaken, the company website says that they pay for all miles driven - loaded, bobtail and empty... But I will ask the question using that example - as I know England had a habit of taking small trips like that and mysteriously not including them in the trip pay -

Ya - I remember that about the saftey manager in SLC with England - horrible......;)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.