From gm to celadon

Discussion in 'Celadon' started by jinx26, Dec 16, 2011.

1. jinx26

jinx26 Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    So Celadon just bought glen moore. It was sprung on us yesterday after the deal was made so we have no choice but to go or quit. They told me I'm being routed to the Indy terminal to get my truck. What kind of tractors do they provide? Also, how many states does a solo/national driver run with no plans on going on home time except maybe once every 9-12 weeks?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1nonly

1nonly tease-y-ness

Jul 2, 2008
    The burning sands of the SW
    I have so many questions about this I would fill up a page. I'm just taking a wait and see attitude right now. I was happy to hear my pay rate will continue to be 43 cpm.

4. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    FFE, USA, and 1 other one are soon to be part of celadon also.

They are becoming huge.

They absorbed Burlington years ago, that was a decent outfit.

They're big on that NAFTA stuff............:biggrin_25524:

5. mallardduck

mallardduck Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2011
    North, Ms
    i am in the same situation. just waiting to see how it turns out..Wonders what job security there is for new drivers (us) that start out at 9 cents above top pay for celadon....Think i will keep my resume handy

6. Sequoia

Sequoia Road Train Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    I'm going to guess you'll probably get an International ProStar, just like most of the Celadon company drivers....and you'll probably be 48 state + Canada (if eligible)..like most of the Celadon company drivers.

hmm, and there's a chance to meet the elusive 1nonly now. :)

1nonly and lil may Thank this.
  7. 1nonly

1nonly tease-y-ness

Jul 2, 2008
    There is a chance, but you'd better act quickly! Celadon has a reputation of chewing up companies and spitting out the employees. I too wonder how long they will be willing to pay us such higher rates.

I'm expecting one of 3 things. Either they will fire us the first time we make a mistake, they will find some excuse to cut our pay rate later on, or (most likely) they will starve us out with low miles.

8. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    If freight is kind of slow during the winter months, what was/is the genius in gobbling up another or more companies?

9. biker dave

biker dave Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2010
    pittsburgh,pa
    they bout 6 percent stake in USA, FFE sold them the dry vans and tractors, not the reefer part, FFE is staying with the reefer side of the business, CELADON IS DRY BOX ONLY

10. 1nonly

1nonly tease-y-ness

Jul 2, 2008
    Glen Moore has (had) a very loyal customer base. That's what Celadon wants. And they will take our trailers, too.:biggrin_25523:

11. dryfus21

dryfus21 Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Atlanta GA
    Southeast regional drivers were told we would stay regional. Get to orientation and they don't know anything about it.....not getting a good feeling.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.