Front Discharge Cement Trucks

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by brinkj23, May 28, 2009.

1. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    This all seems the same way we did it in the Navy Seabees too. Of course most of all our jobs were overseas. I did see a big problem when I got to Las Vegas and that was with the way they placed the concrete. They'd pour a very dry mix on a very hot day and then leave it right after the pour was done. No curing compound or water on the pad. And sure enough every house I saw had hugh cracks in the floor. It wasn't a one or two houses either, it seemed to be the norm.

We were always told, stateside anyway, if a driver added any water to the mix from the batch plant the company he worked for then took responsibility for the batch. I know QA takes all the slump test and break tests but if we ordered a 6" slump from the plant and you gave us something different we wouldn't pay for the load. I've only poured in the states twice and that was some years ago. So now you know the slump from inside the cab?? Much better.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brinkj23

brinkj23 "Asphalt Cowboy"

Dec 26, 2005
    Minnesota
    Oh yeah much better, we got a hydraulic psi meter in the truck which is pretty much 98% accurate but each truck is different so you have to know your truck and know your mud.

4. brinkj23

brinkj23 "Asphalt Cowboy"

Dec 26, 2005
    Minnesota
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.