Frozen airlines?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by jamin22, Feb 1, 2011.

1. jamin22

jamin22 Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2009
    My truck airlines are partially frozen. It is 21 below where im at. Is there anything I can do trouble unfreeze them. My trailer is fine I put some methanol in the red glad hand and it has no problems. My lift axle on my truck will not build air pressure and I have a guage in my truck for how much my drives weigh which has always been correct and its showing that I weigh about 5k less than I know I weigh because I drive tanker and load myself. I believe my guage is wrong because my airbags aren't inflating enough and like I also said my lift axle isn't building pressure. I don't believe there is really anywhere to put break antifreeze or anything for the truck is there? Just the trailer? Sorry if this is long and hard to understand, im posting this from my phone. Any help would be awesome

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. YukonTrucker

YukonTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Whitehorse Yukon
    The easiest way is in the air line coming off the compressor, it is not the best way as your air dryer will keep alot of the methanol from going into the system but it is the easiest when out on the road.

rjones56 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.