Frozen beverages?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Lbcdiesel, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Lbcdiesel

Lbcdiesel Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2012
    How do I keep the soda from freezing in my trailer without a reefer?? Appreciate the info

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Keep driving..will keep it all shook up. Cue the song by Elvis

Lbcdiesel Thanks this.
  4. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I took a load up to Kalispell MT.

Per the coke manager up there.

Keep the truck idling. The little bit of shaking will keep them from freezing.

5. Lbcdiesel

Sep 8, 2012
    Yah, I'm here in billings Montana, don't deliver till Monday, getting fairly cold, and that's what I heard is to just keep the truck idling, is that all I can do? Supposed to get to 19 degrees tonight

6. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012

It was 9*F the night I spent in Kalispell. It won't freeze if you keep the truck idling.

The coke manager was telling me it should be good to -20*F if I keep it idling.

Lbcdiesel Thanks this.
  7. WV_Daddys_Girl

WV_Daddys_Girl <b>Crusty Ole' Wifey</b>

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    Sorry.... I saw the title of the post and immediately thought of the adult frozen beverages..... got my hopes all up.... :biggrin_2557:

jakebrake12 Thanks this.
  8. Lbcdiesel

Sep 8, 2012
    Sorry bout that, hate to get your hopes up but I left it open like that to get some quick answers..so e frozen adult beverages do sound good right bout now though

WV_Daddys_Girl Thanks this.
  9. Lbcdiesel

Sep 8, 2012
    Thanks again for the info, I feel that I can sleep a little better tonight, thanks to you

MNdriver Thanks this.
  10. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Same with beer/water/whatever. Driving and idling will keep product from freezing if you have a dry van. Most beer and soda is moved by dry van because of weight.

slim shady Thanks this.
  11. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Plus it takes a good 36 hours for your load to adjust temperatures. If the product come out of a warm warehouse the core of a pallet helps keep it warm. If you sat all weekend I might be concerned. Like others said, "I'm all shook up". Moving liquids take longer to freeze than one standing still. Not to mention the phosphoric acid and carbonation in it.

If you hear cans popping quickly turn around and head south!! :biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.