FTI-Frederick Thompson Company

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by TDriver4Life, Jul 26, 2011.

1. fritz mcgee

fritz mcgee Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Mercer has changed a lot the past two years. Their Van division does not have very many direct shipper contracts, so most of the van freight is booked with the conglomerate mega carriers and big name logistic companies. Freight rates are low, they also have cut into the FSC to the point, line haul revenue that use to be the drivers, is now spent on fuel.

2. fritz mcgee

Oct 24, 2017
    Anybody with FTI currently on the owner op side? Making money? Use a direct agent/broker of FTI for loads?
    I want to go there but am leery. They offer a 600.00 a week lease with Ryder/Penske full service including PM's.
    I have never done this before, and I don't know if the trucks are high mileage junk, fare condition and reliable or what.

3. fritz mcgee

Oct 24, 2017
    You just got involved here; Ya I talked to this Bill, and an agent that books loads for FTI drivers. Told me he has drivers making 1500 plus, and his best drivers make up to 2100.00 a week. I don't buy this what so ever.
    Most of us struggle just to get bills paid at home with so called good trucking out fits. I don't need to be waiting around for a truck period. I need to get contracted on, get thru orientation and roll. And I wondered about this 600 a week full lease crap too. I wondered if the trucks from Ryder were wore out junk to rent/lease. I don't need this period, but I do have to fleece myself until I have 5k to go another truck.

4. Concreteking

Concreteking Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2017

5. Concreteking

Concreteking Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2017
    How true it's all about kissing butt. You complain miles cut back . They expect you to work for 300.00 week sleeping away from home. Then you quit and they Will mess with your driver history

6. vandambaghdad

vandambaghdad Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Windsor,On Canada
    I heard today this company FTI declared bankruptcy

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.