Fuel hauler essentials?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by mud23609, Dec 24, 2017.

1. PandaPancake

PandaPancake Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Cat sdp and REO6205 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    I’m on my own.....:-/

4. Aradrox

Aradrox Heavy Load Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Ask the company if they offer any of the supplies for sale or have an online store for such possible they are able to get a better deal than you can.
    (Random thoughts usually don't hurt :)

5. intrepidor

intrepidor Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Western Iowa
  6. Drake.r

Drake.r Light Load Member

May 15, 2015
    Fullsource.com

7. ErieMcDreary

ErieMcDreary Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Erie PA
    Is there any industrial supply company in your area? Grainger, etc. Grainger does have online sales too.

8. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    I recommend a good flashlight like a small double battery (AA) fire resistance metal light. Even in the day time you can use one to see hard places. Get one that you can wear on your belt. Also a little handy tool is one of those multi tool. The one that has pliers,wire cutter, straight blade screw and a fillips driver. They will come in handy. Your gloves, safety shoes, and any protective clothes should be provided by the employer. After awhile get yourself a small bag to carry spare parts like gaskets, light bulbs, fuses, extra gloves, flashlight (spare), if you wear glasses carry an extra pairs, and a copy of the little green book " Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Pocketbook". By all means this is not a complete list nor one that should be kept. It's a bag of goodies that might help you while out on the road. You can add or not even bother it's up to you.

9. Dick Danger

Dick Danger Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Seattle
    In addition to what you normally carry, 3 extra 4" double female and 3 extra 4" double male connections. Great for extending a hose. Most important, a handful of paperclips.

10. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Well the paperwork is done and I got my first two days of training in. First day was interesting to say the least. Snow and wind made for a fun first day pulling a tank and getting used to a 13. I spent most of my time confused when loading and unloading. Second day the roads were still crap and it got up to a balmy 2 degrees. Starting to get a bit of a handle on what the the process is for loading and unloading. I think I'm going to like this job......if the windchill ever gets above zero.

Best part. The light bulb moment when I finally figured out the trick on disconnecting hoses. Its stupid easy if you do it right. Any side pressure though and you feel like an idiot when you struggle with it and your trainer makes it look so easy.

Still got a lot to learn but as time goes on and I get my routine down I think this might be the best job I ever had.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.