Fueling question

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Rogue246, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Rogue246

Rogue246 Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2016
    New York
    This might sound like a dumb question but after searching I cannot seem to find a clear answer so here goes..

I was written up the other day for not filling my tanks at the end of the day on a temp truck i was using. Since then i'm back in my regular truck and now the company is claiming by leaving the tanks at 3/4 full and not completely full it caused all kinds of damage to the truck and a sizable repair cost. I think they are full of crap but wanted to get other opinions. Are they nuts or is it me?

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

There is a possibility, if the weather is just right, then the moisture in the air space in a tank not full can condense and cause water droplets inside the tank. When the company told you this it would have been a good time to ask what damage. It sounds like an excuse to punish you, but I'm just some guy on the internet.

For the life of me I don't understand why a major theme of the internet and talk radio is "I had this crazy conversation with another person. They said something that sounds fantastic. I didn't ask a question, but I want another person to interpret that conversation and guess what was being said."

cke and Ruthless Thank this.
  4. snowblind11

snowblind11 Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2017

Yup definitely ########. Sounds like someone was having a bad day, doesn't know what they are talking about or has a major ego. If it was the case that you couldn't run your tanks down below 3/4 then why would a manufacturer design it to do so.

5. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    In a international? They trying to get you to buy a new maxfarce motor.....lol

I think it's hilarious - low on fuel (pfft 3/4 isn't low) and now it needs repair... lol!!!!

6. Rogue246

Rogue246 Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2016
    New York
    Honestly I was too pissed off to ask any questions, I told him he was crazy and stormed out.. But yes in hindsight I should have requested exactly what the damage was.

7. snowblind11

snowblind11 Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2017
    It's one thing that it's a company policy that they want you to fill the trucks up at the end of the day. If that's the case, then you should have done so.

Telling someone that it would do damage to the truck might be a good strategy to get someone that doesn't know better to fill it up at the end of their shift. But it is definitely hogwash.

8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
  9. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Hope you are seeking a new employer

10. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
  11. cke

cke Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Colfax Wi
    That's funny

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.