Full Maintenance Lease

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by rjjr1963, Nov 14, 2019.

1. rjjr1963

rjjr1963 Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2019
    Does anyone have this kind of lease? I like the idea of knowing what my operating costs will be.

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    whats the reason behind this idea

4. rjjr1963

rjjr1963 Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2019
    Just doing some research. I watched a video of a truck driver that was advocating this kind of lease and I wanted to check it out.

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  5. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    i what say its a good deal but at what cost. like renting a truck. high cost plus your taxes each quarter. i would say it would avg out the same

6. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    It did not last long, but at one time pete had a warranty, that you paid a set amount a mile, and they performed all maintenance from bumper to bumper, including stuff like windshield wipers.
    The pete dealer here tried out a lease deal like that with one truck I know of. You paid so much a month, and they maintained it right down to the oil changes. I knew three drivers that leased it, two just forr a couple of months apiece, and another for several months, then they sold it to another guy I know, and he was stuck with it. lol
    They did not as far as I know do anything like that again.

7. rjjr1963

rjjr1963 Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2019
    Did they say why they didn't like it? Was it too expensive? The truck in the video I watched was 145K and the payment was $2,100.00 per month and he was paying 6 cents per mile for maintenance. It was a closed lease. The maintenance package covered everything. Tires, brakes, towing, oil changes etc along with any major repairs were covered.

8. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    The guys that leased it liked it, and it was cheaper than new truck payments plus maintenance, one reason is two of them did not even rent a shop to keep it in, since they were not responsible for maintenance.
    the one that bought his with that type warranty that I knew loved it, and it was transferable, so it made his truck super easy to sell when he sold i.

9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    So you pay a lower payment to rent the truck with maint included

Vs

Leasing the truck under warranty and pay for maint?

I could be wrong in posting that but that's what it sounds like.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.